Six

The three new friends got to their respective houses to get ready to go to the drive-in. Jughead was especially excited as he had never really been to a drive-in. He took a quick shower and got ready in a S tshirt with black jeans and a jacket. 

He was ready to go out when his dad suddenly called for him," Hey boi, could we...you know...hang out someday. I haven't seen you in so long...I um wanna catch up with you."

Jughead could see how nervous his dad looked and didn't want to disappoint him , and also he wanted to know why exactly they separated and why Jughead couldn't meet his father in his entire life. 

He simply nodded and said," Sure dad, I still want to know some things about what happened 20 years back."

Jughead didn't wait for his dad's reaction. He simply rushed out to wait for Archie and Betty to pick him up. Meanwhile in the Cooper household it was a mess. Betty was trying to find the perfect outfit to go to a drive-in as most of her dresses were dresses or skirts....not that appropriate for a movie in a car, while Archie was sleeping like he always does. Even if Betty was usually shy and quiet she was ruthless towards her brother ever since they were young. She wore a blue knitted sweater with a pair of jeans and rushed to Archie's room with a glass of cold water. She sneaked up to his bed and poured the water on him. He woke up to the freezing water and noticed Betty wheezing with a glass in her hands. He tackled her to the bed and rubbed his wet hair on her face. She somehow managed to get out of his grip and ran out while screaming for him to get ready. In another 15 minutes, both the siblings were out of the house and then drove to Jugheads house. They picked him up and headed towards the drive-in. 

The movie was Titanic, a legit classic but too romantic for Jughead, therefore creating an argument between Betty and Jughead. It was Betty's all-time favorite movie and therefore she will hear no bad talk against it.

Jughead exclaimed," Ok this is sooooooo stupid. I mean isn't the wooden board enough for both of them to fit in it. Like get up there and you won't die."

Betty replied quickly," You are not even one bit romantic. If he got up there the board with tip and both of them would fall. Jack cared about Rose so he let her stay on the board whether or not he dies."

Jughead scoffed," That is plain stupidity. Also what the hell was a board doing in the middle of the ocean?"

Archie was quiet the entire time the two were quarreling. He suddenly found a way to shut them up. He screamed for them to hear only," Can you both please shut up and get some refills?" He held up the popcorn and soda wiggling it under their noses.

They scrambled out of the truck with their heads down as they knew they had pissed of Archie and maybe the whole area could hear them fighting. They got their refills and continued watching the movie while Jughead was bored. He looked over at Betty, who was by far more interesting than titanic to him. She was really complex to understand. Sometimes she was closed off while sometimes she was quirky. Jughead figured his feelings out and came to a conclusion that he actually really liked Betty.

A/N I am sorry this chapter is boring. I was actually supposed to put their first kiss here but I changed my mind. Also the quarreling is legit my best friends while I am Archie.