Twenty Two

They reached the restaurant FP had suggested Jughead about 10 minutes after the sunset. It was a small cabin restaurant which had a beautiful entrance and was decorated with colorful flowers and fairy lights. The waiter upfront greeted them and took them to a table out in the garden which was reserved for them. Betty looked surprised and admired the place. From her seat, she could see a little of Sweetwater River behind Jughead. The waiter came again and gave them the menus in which there was a lot to choose from. They both decided on what the wanted to order and called the waiter.

They said in sync," I would like the chef's special please. "

They turned towards each other and bursted out laughing at their coordinated answer which was not practiced before. The waiter left smiling at the two and they sat in silence for a while.

After a few moments when their ordered champagne had arrived, Jughead spoke up," Do you like this place?"

Betty responded," Yes, it's really beautiful and I never knew about this place. How did you find out about it."

Jughead chuckled and said," Well honestly, I didn't know about this place either. My dad recommended it to me. Apparently it has amazingly delicious food."

" That's nice. Speaking about your dad... he's FP Jones right?"

" Yeah. That's my dad."

" That's really cool. He is a really sweet person but my mom doesn't really like him for some reason. Never knew why though. How come I haven't seen you around before if your dad lives here."

" Well...um... I've never met my dad before this. My mom never told me where he lived and we moved from here when I was 5. So I don't really remember much."

" Oh that's sad. "

" What about your dad? I've never seen him around. "

" Oh uh he passed away during my senior year in high school."

" Oh my god, I am so sorry for bringing it up Betts."

" No it's ok...but he was a really amazing person. A great dad."

" I bet he was. I mean you must be the exact replica of him in that case."

" You are flattering and I guess I do act like him a lot but are you saying something on the lines of ' my mom is uptight and I don't seem like her daughter '?"

" Uh no...no...not...not what I meant. I mean yeah- no I mean it's just...I don't know."

Betty laughed uncontrollably and when she could finally speak she said, " Relax, I was only messing with you."

Jughead smiled at that. She had never seen Betty smile or even laugh so much before. Everytime Archie or her mother would tell her to do something she would put on a fake smile. The same when she had to keep up with Veronica's stories. It's like Jughead finally saw her real self at this moment.
They talked for a while longer until their food came. It was a mozzarella stuffed chicken parm with a side of rice and fries. They dug in and it was absolutely delicious and they finished pretty quickly.
Jughead insisted on paying the bill as he was the one to ask Betty out on a date and then they went in the car. Jughead drove to Betty's house and stopped.

They sat in extreme uncomfortable silence for a while until he said," Thanks for agreeing tonight. It was great...maybe if you want we could do it again?"

Betty smiled at Jughead and replied, "Definitely."

Betty removed her seatbelt and was about to reach for the door. She turned towards Jughead wondering if she should kiss him. Suddenly Jughead leaned forward and their lips met. It was soft and passionate and only when they ran out of breath, they pulled their lips apart. Both of them smiled in their kiss and after they pulled apart Betty said her goodbye and pecked him on the lips again before going into her house.

A/N So I felt in the mood to write this part real bad so a bonus part today!!! Hope you guys enjoyed this part.