Fifteen

A/N Let's just think they are in the bunker and not in the blue and gold.

⚠️WARNING - Mentions of sexual assault⚠️

"Okay, what is the worst thing that has ever happened to you in high school?", questions Jughead during his turn.

Betty thought for about 2 seconds until tears started firing in her eyes. Something really bad had happened to her during her senior year of high school. She didn't know if she wanted to tell Jughead, not because she doesn't trust him but if he looks at her in another way after this. She tried thinking of another incident that is not as bad as this but nothing came to her mind. Suddenly she feels Jughead's warm fingers wipe away the tears from her face that she never knew she let go. 

She hesitantly looked up at Jughead when he spoke up," I am sorry if that was a wrong question to ask. You don't have to tell me anything if you aren't comfortable with-"

Betty interrupted him and said," No it's okay. I think it's time I tell someone about it."

Jughead looked at her with concern in his eyes. He didn't want to push her into saying anything but he can make out that whatever she has kept bottled inside of her, hurts her deeply. Betty takes a deep breath, closes her eyes so that no more tears come out and then started.

" It was senior year and I had a boyfriend for about a year at that time. His name was Trevor Brown. He was nice and always understood what I felt. He never pushed me into anything. Then this one day, I was working late at school in the Blue and Gold - our school newspaper. I hear footsteps coming towards me and I turn around to see one of Trevor's friends, Chuck Clayton.", she said in a bare whisper. Her voice choked up as she said the rest of her story. 

" He c-came up to me and whispered that Trevor allowed him to do this a-and well he took advantage of me. I-I couldn't move and he just left me in there after he finished."

At this point Betty was crying really hard. Jughead was shocked and slowly moved towards Betty to not startle her. He wrapped her in a hug as Betty relaxed into it, placing her head on Jughead's chest still sobbing. He knew Betty was in pain but couldn't reciprocate the feeling. He didn't know how to comfort her as he didn't empathize with her.

( For those of you who don't know empathize is like feeling the person's emotion within them.)

They stayed in a silenced comfort with Jughead wrapped around Betty. She felt safe with him, like no matter what she could always trust him. She also felt a relief that it's not all bottled up within her and she had someone to confess to. Suddenly she jerked up and Jughead panicked thinking he did something wrong.

She spoke up a little louder now," Please don't tell Archie, Veronica or my parents about what I told you. Only you know."

Jughead was shocked for the second time today. Not only did she trust him enough to tell him her deepest secret but he was he only one to know. He responded to Betty's request," I won't tell a single soul about what happened to you but you have to tell them someday. Maybe they can help you through it. So can I, but they are your family. Don't feel pressurized, when your ready you can tell them."

Betty nodded knowing that what Jughead is saying is true, so she decided to give it a thought when she gets home. While on the other hand at home, Veronica and Archie were anxiously waiting to get some news. Veronica was anxious as she wanted her desperate attempt to get the two together to work while Archie was worried as he didn't want his sister to be mad at him along with his best friend. He sure knows how hard Betty's silent treatment can be to go through...