Four

The next day Jughead came to the office hoping no one would be there as he had a bad headache and usually writing calms him down and makes him feel better. Unfortunately, in one of the desks there was someone sitting there. He shrugged it off and sat on his desk and started writing about the events since when he came to Riverdale. ( Kind of like a diary but just on a piece of paper to just express yourself. I do that a lot. )
' Riverdale is a very unique place. I get why dad likes to live here so much. It has so many things to do even though it's a small town and Pop's is definitely one of the best places I have dined in. Also I think I made two new friends her, Archie and Betty. They are siblings and completely opposite. Archie gives me a Sweet Pea and Fangs feeling, messy and somewhat animated. Whereas as Betty is really shy and I guess she doesn't open up to people a lot. Not saying that she should open up to me immediately or anything but I would really like to know her. Anyways tomorrow I am spending time with dad after a really long time. He is hardly home as he's the Sheriff. But I keep thinking about her and I don't know why...why does she have to be so interesting?'
He stopped writing and folded the paper and put it into his bag. He felt good writing it down as he had no one to listen to here, not that he had anyone to listen to at home either. He closed his eyes, relieved that his headache had gone away. Suddenly, he felt a slight tap on his shoulder. He tuned to look and saw that it was Betty.
She spoke up first, " Hey Jughead, what are you doing here this early? You don't start until 9:00 am."
He replied," I just needed a calm setting and thought no one would be here. What are you doing here though?"
She looked around and the said," Well my mom is a little overwhelming so I came hear to escape even though I know she'll come her soon, it kind of keeps me at a peace of mind."
Jughead nodded understandingly while the silence was really awkward.
Jughead broke the silence," Soooo...are you busy today? We could hang out if you aren't busy...of course along with your brother."
Betty's smile dropped a little when he said along with her brother but Jughead didn't notice it.
She responded," Sure, we can talk to him about it when he comes. I guess I am free as long as mom doesn't give me to much work."
Jughead said," Ya ok I understand. Same goes for me too. Anyways I'll talk to you later."
Betty nodded and went back to her desk. Jughead really wanted to get to know her but didn't want to come out as an overly curious person as he had just known her for two days. Soon after everyone started coming in when he saw a pink haired girl entering.
He immediately stood up and ran to the girl and said," Hey Topaz, what are you doing in Riverdale all of a sudden?"
Topaz whose first name is actually Toni replied," Well I was transferred here for a while as well. I am guessing for you to know someone here already. Also who is Blondie there?"
Toni looked over at Betty who was staring at them looking lost in her thoughts. In Betty's mind the question was running ' Is that his girlfriend? '

A/N Please let me know in the comments whether the next chapter should be a little more Betty based or not.