One

Pain. The most basic, the most human emotion. The pain of an injury. The pain of a heartbreak. The pain of something unknown. Something we may never know of. We all pray to not feel pain. To not feel that immense displeasure in us.

There was one such boy in New York who was numb to pain. He never felt pain, no matter what he did. His life was about to change as he was going to leave his home to go to a small town named Riverdale, his birthplace. What he didn't know was that this was just the beginning of the change that was about to take place.

He crossed a sign, welcoming him to the town he knew very little of. The town was a small town. From a distance, it presents itself like so many other small towns, happy, innocent, decent. But once you get closer though you see the shadows underneath.

In Riverdale, everyone wears a mask and ever so often this mask slips and our true selves are laid bare for the world to see. So, we scramble around like kids on a birthday when the pinata is broken to put our masks back, but it's too late. People have already seen what's underneath. They have seen the pain and suffering in every person's eyes.

He was of the age of 25 with wavy but messy raven hair covered by a crown shaped beanie and magnificent blue eyes. The name was Jughead Jones. He was a journalist in The Times and was transferred for a short while to his father's hometown. Born and brought up in a city, especially the Big Apple, he never experienced life in a small town. He was here for a short vacation, well not exactly. He still had to work in the local newspaper, The Riverdale Register, but it was still a holiday from the rush of a big city.

He stopped his car in front of a moderate size house, bigger than his apartment back at New York. It was his dad's, he was staying with him during his time at Riverdale. Back in New York, he lived with his mom and little sister Jellybean because of some family issues his mom refused to tell him ever since they moved out of Riverdale when he was just 1. He kept his suitcase on the floor and assumed his dad was not here, not that he cared either how.

As he had no dinner and it was almost time for dinner, he headed to this diner called Pop's he saw on his way here. Not a lot of people were in there. All he saw was a girl with blonde hair with a boy with red hair. The girls back was facing him so he couldn't see the face but the boy was about 25 years with chocolate brown eyes and light freckles.

Jughead looked away and went to the counter. He ordered 3 hamburgers, a chocolate milkshake and a plate of fries. He sat there alone in a table while typing the story he was writing on his computer. That's when the girl and the boy he saw earlier walked up to him. He looked up from his computer and smiled at them hoping they would go away as he wasn't the really social type. His effort didn't work and they came and sat opposite to him.

He saw the girl then. She has mesmerising green eyes unlike the boy and her hair was pulled up into a neat ponytail. The boy then spoke while extended his arm for a handshake," Hi there, I am guessing you are new to town. My name is Archie Cooper and this is my younger sister Betty Cooper."

A/N This is my first fan-fic ever. So I would really appreciate if you guys can hype it up a little so that I get motivated to continue writing. Also, stay at home and keep safe

THANKS