Three

Archie and Jughead reached the Cooper household while Betty was still at work. Jughead was a little nervous as after all, he was going to his boss' house. They went to Archie's room which reminded him a lot of his room when he was a high schooler. It was messy with clothes scattered, video games stacked up and even the bed wasn't made. Jughead chuckled a little knowing that Archie hasn't passed his school stage yet.

Archie suddenly broke him out of his thoughts and said," Welcome to my humble room. I know it is a little messy but I was and still am too lazy to clean it."

Jughead chuckled again and said," Little messy?"

The boys laughed and then started to talk about their high school and college life. They suddenly heard the front door unlock and heard footsteps passing Archie's room. Jughead assumed it was Betty and internally smiled big even though he couldn't see her.

Archie groaned and said," The controller isn't working and I need batteries if we want to play this game. Could you get some batteries from Betty's room which is right next to mine? I am kinda blocked from standing up here."

Jughead laughed when he saw Archie blocked by 4 empty pizza boxes but jumped at the opportunity to go to betty's room and see her. He nodded and rushed to Betty's room and knocked. He didn't get any response so he opened the door. It was a very light room with furniture of pastel shade and it was neatly organized, completely opposite to Archie. He started to look for batteries and came over an opened diary. He saw the first line 'Today I met a cute guy named...'. He suddenly heard a cough from behind him and quickly turned to face Betty.

He hurriedly said," I am so sorry. I never meant to come in without your permission. I just needed batteries for the game console and Archie told me you had some."

Betty nodded with a somewhat scared look on her face and gave him the batteries. He thanked her and rushed back to Archie's room. As soon as he left, she ran to the door and locked it. She took the opened diary and saw the first few lines of what she wrote yesterday 'Today I met a cute guy named Jughead Jones. He looks so hot but I don't think he even finds me attractive, I mean nobody does.'

She sighed feeling like it is true, what she wrote. She was always told she was fat and she would never be good enough for a boy. The bullying was one of the reasons she never talked much. She feared that people would call her whiny and insult her. Her brother and mother always motivated her to talk to people and open up to them but she never felt comfortable with anyone. But now this feeling had changed. She felt comfortable around one person and she didn't even know why. Jughead.

A/N This chapter is a little shorter than the previous ones. I hope you all are liking the story and if you have any suggestions to enhance the storyline I am open to them.