Thirty

*Small Trigger Warning*

They were packed and ready to leave when Veronica came bursting through the door, in her hands an elegant blue dress. She rushed over to Betty and said," Okay you have to take this dress in case Jug takes you someplace fancy."

Betty smiled at her and hugged her, whispering a small thank you in her ear. She stuffed the dress in her suitcase and then headed to the airport. It was a nine-hour flight that was pretty boring for the two but they had each others company. Jughead had booked an Airbnb in the city centre allowing them to be close to most of the places. The house was elegant and well furnished and lucky for Jughead, he had gotten it at a very cheap rate. They unpacked their suitcases and relaxed a little in the house, admiring all the features of it. It also had a pool and barbeque station in the backyard. Like why would you even want to go out if you have all that in the house?

They took advantage of all the amenities in the house for the rest of the day, talking about nothing in particular. Betty and Jughead were really excited, mostly Betty because she had never been outside of Riverdale and Greendale. Jughead was equally excited until he got a call, just before dinner.

He answered," Hello, you are speaking to Jughead Jones."

The reply came," Hey Jughead, this is Bob Parker from New York Times, your boss if you haven't forgotten."

Jughead got concerned and moved out of the dining room to the bedroom. He then replied," Oh hey Bob, what's up?"

" Well I don't know if you remember but you did get transferred from New York to Riverdale for a few months. Well now, The Times wants you back at New York."

" Wait what...I can't...I thought I was here permanently?", he questioned.

" Yeah you were but we saw some of your articles from The Register and we decided to give you the head editor post here in New York."

" Oh my god! Head editor! This has always been my dream but I don't know anymore...I mean I want it but is it cool if I think about it for a while?"

" Sure kid, let me know by the end of the week."

With that the call that Jughead had been dreaming of got over. He wanted it so bad but he couldn't leave Betty here, even if they went for long distance. Also he wasn't sure if he wanted to face his mother yet but he did miss his sister a lot. He went back downstairs where Betty was arranging the food they had ordered. He wasn't sure about how was going to tell Betty, so he kept his silence. 

But to his misfortune Betty asked," What was that call about Jug?"

Jughead responded to the first thing that came to his mind," Uhhh...Toni wanted to ask relationship advice cuz uh- she's dating this girl named Cherry or something."

Betty's eyes grew wide as she asked," You mean Cheryl? That's my cousin...I didn't know they were dating though..."

" I guess somethings are spontaneous...like job promotions.", he said whispering the last bit.

Betty didn't pay much attention to his quiet murmuring but wasn't sure she believed his whole Toni story. She decided to ask him about him after dinner as she didn't want to ruin it. Soon they finished and as they both were tired, they started to get prepared for bed.

Betty took this moment to ask," Hey Jug...that call wasn't toni was it?"

Jug grew confused and asked," what do you mean?"

" Like you seemed less relaxed and more worried about something and I um didn't want to bring this up but it feels like you are hiding something from me. Not from now...for weeks..."

" Well it's none of your business.", Jughead snapped angrily.

Betty took a jumped back in shock and responded," What do you mean not my business? As your girlfriend, if somethings bothering you, you can always talk to me about it."

" Well there are somethings I can't talk about because you won't understand.", Jughead said still angry.

Betty was almost in tears as she said," I could try-"

" No you can't because you are a little crybaby who cries about every inconvenience in her life and can't even admit the fact to her family that she was raped."

That was Betty's breaking point. Tears streamed out of her eyes like a waterfall as she stormed out of their room to god knows where. Jughead sat on the bed, stunned about the outburst he just had. He never meant to snap at Betty like that so he went out of the room to search for her. He searched the whole house and couldn't find her until he  saw the back door slightly ajar, wind coming through the gap. She had gone outside the house, in a city none of them knew, all alone...

A/N Ok so there are somethings I have to clear her. Firstly, I don't know why but I wanted to include a fight, so here it is. Don't hate me. Secondly, I know I said there are only a few chapters left but there might be more since like...there's a fight. And thirdly, I realized I hadn't written this but in this story the Riverdale Register is like a town branch of New York times. I know there isn't such a thing, but let's pretend it is for the sake of the story.