Twenty Three

( A/N Ok so let's just forget the fact that the above scene is Betty and Archie cheating on Jughead and Veronica respectively and is definitely one of the most hated scenes of the season. )

Betty entered her room smiling big and changed from her dress to a comfortable pant and t-shirt. She then took her diary from her table and read the entry she wrote the first day she met Jughead.

'Today I met a cute guy named Jughead Jones. He looks so hot but I don't think he even finds me attractive, I mean nobody does.'

She sighed at what she wrote thinking if it's still true but decided to ignore her thoughts. She then turned to a new page and started writing a description about her date. Just when she finished writing, she heard a knock on her door. Archie was standing, leaning on her side opened door with a huge smile on his face. He quickly ran in and jumped on her bed and just stared at her confused but extremely happy face.

" Soooooo...how was the date?", Archie asked in a way that it felt like Veronica had possessed him.

" It was really great. He is a really sweet guy and I like him a lot.", Betty responded.

" Well over the past months I did notice how nice he was and also the fact that you were drooling over him."

Betty playfully scoffed and said," I never drooled over him."

" Whatever you say little sis."

" Ok screw you. I am younger than you only by 25 minutes."

" The best 25 minutes of my life."

" Well unluckily I didn't have any free time from you so I don't have any best moments in my life, cuz you were in them all."

" I'll be sure to tell that to Jughead tomorrow. Bet he'll love to hear the you don't have any best moments in your life. Maybe I'll even add a fake fact that you didn't like the date."

" Oh...don't u dare. I WILL tell Veronica to dump you so hard tomorrow if you say that. Pretty sure she'll listen to me after you have sabotaged the feelings the only boy who likes me in ages."

" What do you mean by only boy?", Archie asked confused.

Betty realized what she had just said and covered up by saying," So you are just gonna ignore the Veronica is gonna dump you part?"

" Well I know you want do that cuz you love me too much."

" Did I ever say that? Did you get it on tape?"

" No..."

" No I never said that or no you didn't get it on tape. Either way you misunderstood me big time."

" I don't know. All I know is that you love me and you know it too. Don't deny it."

( A/N If you got that reference I used above I will forever love you. Not kidding. )

Archie spent the night is Betty's room, not only because they were talking until late there but also because he was too lazy to clean his bed to sleep on it. The next day, the two of them went to work together and for the first time, thanks to Betty, Archie was on time. When they got there she saw Jughead talking to Toni about something. She didn't bother much and went to her mom's office to turn in an article.
Jughead was filling Toni in on the previous nights occurrences.

" Damn Jones. You really like this girl. I mean look at you, you can't shut up about her."

" I mean it's hard not to talk about her. But ok I told you enough about my date. Now you tell me, how was your date and with who was it?"

" Wait a minute, how do you know I had a date? I never told you about it."

" It's called a best friends instinct, Antoinette."

" Call me that again and you will be having a funeral soon. But seriously how did you know?"

" Well I may or may not have seen your latest notification from a certain Cheryl Blossom when I came to your house the last time."

" JONES!"

" I know I shouldn't have and I am sorry but it was cute. Someone was calling you babe and stuff."

" Ahhhhh, you are impossible.", Toni said and walked off.

Jughead was chuckling to himself thinking about last night's events and wanted to talk to Betty about if she liked him too. This was going to be hard as emotions is not Jughead's easiest thing.