Five

Betty kept looking at them wondering if they were dating. She didn't know why she even cared. She for sure didn't like Jughead, at least she makes herself believe so. Suddenly Jughead felt someone staring from afar and quickly turned his head towards Betty. She made a second of eye contact with him and then quickly turned away facing towards Archie, who just came in, late as usual. 

He rushed to Betty and asked her," Did mom come yet, cause if she did I am in deep shit..."

Betty didn't hear the rest. She saw Jughead and the pink haired girl go to her mom's office and she turned towards Archie still pondering over what was going on between the two of them. Then out of nowhere, she saw her mom come in through the backdoor of the office while Archie was still rambling on what all he needs to do. She slaps his arm and points towards their mother knowing that he was done for. Surprisingly, their mom didn't notice them and went straight to her office in a rush.

Jughead saw his boss scrambling in as she spoke, " I am so sorry I am late. I forgot we had a new recruit."

Jughead responded," It's ok, Mrs Cooper. Anyways, this is Antoinette Topaz from The Times who was my colleague back in New York."

Toni shot him a glare for calling her by her real name while Jughead smirked. They were also childhood best friends, almost like siblings. 

Toni decided to take revenge on him and said," Well yes, Forsythe and I are also childhood best friends."

Alice looked at Jughead and smirked," I can see that as you both used each other's real names to piss each other off. My children also do that. About that, Jughead could you please introduce Antoinette to Elizabeth and Archibald to enquire if I am not available."

Jughead nodded and then said," You can just call her Toni as she hates that name."

Toni looked grateful to Jughead and followed him outside the office heading towards the red haired boy. Betty looked over and her stomach started hurting. She thought she could escape meeting them but they came over before she could stand up from her seat. 

Jughead said," Hey Betty this is Toni and Toni this is Betty or as Mrs Cooper said Elizabeth. Toni is my childhood best friend from New York."

Betty glared at Jughead for calling her Elizabeth while feeling a sense of relief knowing that they were just best friends since birth. She didn't know why though. 

Toni laughed at her reaction and said," Hey Betty, nice to meet you. I feel we will be best friends and rebel against Jughead here."

Betty smiled and then sat down and returned back to work. Jughead and Toni shared a look but understood that she might have a deadline of some sort. But that wasn't the case. Betty was doubting and questioning herself yet again...Do I like Jughead?

A/N Hey guys, I am sorry for Betty's unnecessarily complicated character. It's just that she has a lot of self doubt so that's why she keeps questioning herself. Also if you have any suggestions please do tell.