Twenty

The two Jones men were at the dining table when the elder one observed his son poking around his food.

" Jug what's up? You seem nervous and you are not concentrating on your most favorite thing to do, eating.", FP said with humor in his voice.

" Well I asked out a girl, you know Betty, for a date and I really like her but I don't want to mess it up. Like always..."

" Hey listen to me boy, you won't mess anything up. You are much more mature than before and also successful, ok? Don't ever put yourself down like that."

" Ok, dad...I get it. You don't have to give me a pep talk."

" Whatever kid. Now tell me, what are you doing for this nice young lady?"

" First of all, you calling her nice young lady is cringy not that it's false and secondly I don't really know. I have no clue where do I take her to eat but I do know where I want to take her for the sunset."

" Wow! A sunset date? My boy's all grown up. Also I have the perfect restaurant for you. It's called La Sarriette Anglais. I went their a few times and it's at the edge of Riverdale, right before Greendale. The food heir is really good and it means The English Savory."

" That sounds awesome. Thanks dad, I love you."

FP's eyes became wide at those words. While Jughead didn't realize what he said and went back to eating his food, FP started smiling big as this was the first time he heard Jughead say those words to him. They spent a little more time together talking about different things and before they realized it was 5:30 on. Jughead quickly got dressed and put on some perfume which made him sneeze so much that it felt like an earthquake. But hey, anything to please the lady.
He took his blue convertible to Betty's house and reached their at 5:55 pm. Exactly at 6, Betty opened her house door wearing a beautiful yellow floral dress with a 3 inch shoes which looked like they belonged to Veronica, considering she was right behind Betty with a huge smile. Like a gentleman, Jughead got out of his car and walked towards the passenger's seat, opening the door, as Betty walked towards it.
She gave Jughead a smile signifying a thank you and sat down as Jughead closed the door. He waved to Veronica and also Archie who was squinting from the window at his sister. He came back to his seat, sat down and then started the car. He drove off towards Sweetwater River for the sunset just like Kevin had suggested him.
Even though Jughead was usually the first to start an awkward conversation with Betty, Betty said the first words, 3 mins into the ride.
" Ummm...I just wanted to let you know that I am really happy we are going on this date. The only reason I said no at first was because I was scared to get hurt again."
Jughead nodded understandingly and asked," Then why did you say yes later?"
Betty smiled at that, looked at him searingly and said," Because it was you."