Thirty One

A/N For those of you who are reading while I am writing the story, please note that I have changed one line of the fight in the previous chapter to make more drama. In Cheryl's words, I am in the mood for chaos.

Jughead had been sitting on the couch for the last two hours, regretting everything he said, even by knowing that Betty was sensitive, He had gone outside to see if Betty was somewhere close by but it was too cold for him to go out. He was extremely scared for Betty, she could be somewhere freezing in the cold, so he got up and wore layers of warm clothes and went to start the car. That's when he saw someone with open blonde hair, wobbling and coming in his direction. He squinted his eyes to realize it was Betty and rushed to her side. He picked her bridal style and ran to the house. He placed her on the couch, warmed the fireplace, got her change of clothes and went to make hot cocoa for her. When he had come with the delicious warm drink, Betty was changed up and was sitting in front of the fireplace, warming herself while tears streaming out of her eyes. Jughead's heart shattered, feeling the pain again in his chest. He was really close to breaking down himself but he kept it in control. He sat down next to Betty and handed her the hot chocolate. She accepted it without the word and started to blow on it, to cool it a little. 

Jughead couldn't bear it anymore and said," Betts...I'm really sorry. I never meant to lash out at you and yes I am keeping some things from you and it's killing me inside. I want to tell you everything right now, but only if you want to listen."

Betty stayed quiet for a while, awkwardness and tension increasing between them. She quietly said, in a bare whisper with a raspy voice," If you think I won't cry for it..."

Those words broke Jughead's heart for the second time in the last 5 minutes. He looked down and guilt and said in a low tone," You were right I have been hiding some things from you. There are two things..."

He explained his sort of abnormality and how she helped him break this curse of a sort. Betty's eyes grew as wide as it could, with her eyelids still cold. She didn't see it as that big of a thing but understood why Jughead was hesitant to tell her.

When he finished his story Betty said in her low and raspy voice," That's ok, Jug. It doesn't change anything about why I love you or how I see you as."

Jughead sighed in relief, as a weight was lifted from his shoulder. He realized he should've just told it a long time ago instead of waiting so long. He took a deep breath and then continued to tell Betty about the call earlier. 

After explaining the call, he said," I don't want to leave you but that's the opportunity of my dreams and I just don't know what to do."

Betty's tense posture lightened when she heard Jughead's dilemma. She realized that she had become a bit too sensitive and said," I am really sorry Jug, I shouldn't have reacted like that."

Jughead was shocked at her response and violently shook his head as he said," No, Betty no. None of this is your fault. I am really sorry I lashed out on you and I regret everything I said. I am sorry about bringing up your past and I don't want to push you into doing or saying anything.

" I mean as much as it did hurt, you are right. I should tell my family about...that. But...um would you stay by my side."

" Wait...you want me to be by your side? I thought you would break up with me because I was being a jerk."

" Jug...you had a lot going on and at times people act like jerks, even if they didn't want to be like that."

Jughead smiled slightly at that and then asked," What about the job?"

" Do what your heart tell you to do. I can't tell you to stay and leave your dream job and I know if I tell you to go, we would have to break up. But whatever you choose, I support you in it."

" Is there anyway we can try long distance?"

" We could always try, but deep down we both know it won't work. It's better to get hurt now than later."

Jughead sighed and said," How about we enjoy the rest of our time here and I'll let you know about it by the end of the trip."

Betty nodded at that and they soon went to bed knowing that their trip won't be the same anymore. It could be their first and last one...