Twenty Nine

Another month has passed since Jughead's astonishing revelation. The two had a pretty stable relationship but Betty could figure out that Jughead was hiding something. She didn't like knowing that Jughead couldn't tell her something and talked to Veronica, Archie and Kevin about it. They got pretty mad Jughead during that time but when Veronica confronted him about it, he told her the truth.

*Flashback*

Jughead heard loud knocks on his front door at 10 in the morning waking him from his deep sleep. He had slept in late that morning because he was trying to plan a trip for him and Betty abroad until 4am. He had decided on Budapest as Paris was too cliched for him.

He got up from his bed and went downstairs to open the door as his dad wasn't home. Standing outside, he saw Veronica with her hands crossed across her chest and she was wearing a scowl on her face, eyebrows lowered giving him a displeasing look. Without a word she entered his house shoving him by the shoulder.

Jughead frowned and asked as she made herself comfortable at his house," Why are you acting like a bitch?"

" Oh so I am the bitch here huh?", Veronica shot back.

jughead got stunned at her response and asked sighing and running his hand over his face," What did I screw up this time?"

" So u don't know?"

" Uh...after that statement I don't think I do-"

" Well Betty feels that you are hiding something from her and as your girlfriend she feels you don't love her anymore and wanna break up with her. Don't you dare say that's true."

Jughead was shocked and exclaimed," Noooo, that's not why I am acting weird. I mean yes I am keeping something from her but not anything like that!"

Veronica's scowl changed to extreme enthusiasm as she asked," Waitttt, are you gonna propose?!?!"

Jughead shook his head and responded," No- I mean I want to I guess. I am not fully decided but that's not it either. Remember middle school..."

Jughead explained the entire thing to Veronica including his high school story while Veronica's expression kept changing with every line he said. When he reached the end she looked shocked. She only knew till his middle school story and the last part especially surprised her.

She asked," Even though it seems really absurd, why don't you want to tell Betty."

" The exact reason, it's absurd! This thing doesn't happen to anyone in this world and she might see me as something arbnormal, like a vampire kind of thing."

" Ok one vampires don't exist and second she already sees you as abnormal. I know for a fact that she questions why you would ever want to be with someone as broken as her, not that I know why she is broken. She won't tell me but I know that it was something that happened with her breaking up with Trev. Do you know what happened?"

" Ok we are going off track here. I think she'll tell you when she wants to, please don't push her. Also like I was planning to tell her...soon."

" Ok well whatever. Just tell her and I respect that you respect to keep Betty's secret. You are a good boyfriend but if you break her heart...you know what will happen."

With that she walked out of the house while leaving Jughead there confused on what to do.

*End of flashback*

Jughead was heading to Betty's house at this moment to surprise her with the tickets to Budapest. He knew she would freak over them and he had already asked Alice to give them the week off. He knocked on the front door and she opened it and her face turned happy. No matter how confused she was about Jughead's feelings towards her, she was always happy when he came. Jughead smiled and told her to close her eyes and lay her hands out the minute he came inside the house. He placed the two plane tickets scheduled three days later to take off. She opened her eyes and saw them on her hands. At first she was confused but as soon as she understood what it was and where they were going, she squealed in excitement hugging Jughead tightly.

A/N So I know this isn't a very interesting chapter but I kind of had to write it to make the rest of the remaining parts make sense. Anyways enjoy and I am truly sorry for posting late.