Safe Pt. 2

Yeah,  we're posting two one-shots in the same day because Nub was motivated and now I'm fronting and I'm ALSO motivated. So. Yeah. y'all wanted a sequel for the Little Roman fic, so here ya go.  (are you interested in a book of age regression one-shots specifically? because we'd enjoy making one if you do)

Warnings: mentions of past abuse, being afraid to eat, self-deprecation,  food mentions (a lot), and a buncha fluff.

Enjoy!

Roman had a problem. He scowled at the door from where he was sitting, cross-legged on the bed.

He'd promised that he'd tell somebody next time he was small... but that was when he was big. Big Roman didn't understand... not really. The others were scary! They might hurt him, or make fun of him... or just do something! The only one he was even close to trusting was Virgil, after all he'd fixed the disney mug and helped him build that pillow fort.

Roman groaned, rubbing his eyes and sighing heavily. He didn't want to break a promise... even if he'd been big when he made it and he was small now. Heroes never break promises.

So, Roman quietly slipped off the bed and to his door, listening carefully before opening it and looking across the hall. Dim purple light seeped from under Virgil's door. He was in there. Good.

Roman slipped inside, blinking to adjust his eyes to the dim light. Virgil was on his bed, headphones on and seemingly asleep. Oops. Maybe Roman didn't have to tell Virgil, as long as he was in the same room? He didn't want to wake him up... he might get mad.

Roman padded over and gingerly sat on the end of Virgil's bed, rubbing his eyes now and then as he waited.

He wasn't prepared for Virgil to open his eyes and scream. Roman flinched away, falling off the side of the bed.

"What the- Je-eeez..." Virgil threw his headphones onto the bed, walking around to Roman. "You can't sneak up on a guy like that, Princey."

"Oh... sorry." Roman hung his head. He should have known that. He was so dumb, especially when he was little. He should have just stayed in his room.

"Hey, hey," Virgil gently brushed Roman's hair back. "None of that- how long have you been in here?"

"Uh..." Roman frowned. "I dunno.."

"Alright, up and at em." Virgil hauled him to his feet, taking his hand as they walked to the door. "Let's get you out of here before you get too influenced."

"Oh yeah." Roman had forgotten about that. He rubbed a finger under one eye to see dark eyeshadow matching Virgils.

"About how old are ya right now?" Virgil asked as they reached the stairs. Roman pondered this for a moment.

"Five." He held up one hand, smiling proudly. "Almost big, right?"

"Something like that." Virgil chuckled, shaking his head.

Roman's eyes widened when he heard voices in the kitchen. He didn't think that everyone else might be down here! He shuffled closer to Virgil, holding his hand tightly.

"Hey, you good?" Virgil stopped, looking down at him. Roman nodded, though he wasn't sure how he felt about all the other grown ups. He was still mad at them... but he knew they were nice.

"You'll stay with me?" he asked softly, eyeing the entrance to the common area. Virgil's gaze softened and he nodded.

"Yeah, of course I will." He ruffled Roman's hair playfully. "Don't worry about a thing, kid."

Roman nodded, following Virgil into the kitchen without looking at the others.

"Oh, heya Vee!" Patton greeted. "I didn't think you'd be down so soon!"