The Dreamer

AGH it's been so long I'm so sorry hahahahahahah BUT I FINALLY FINISHED THIS FREAKING REQUEST!!!! I was so pumped when I started it and then my brain DIED for like two weeks and then I woke up this morning with like a full plot and everything in my head so I finished it and here we go!!! 24bjr01 I hope You like it!

WARNINGS: Self-deprecation, not taking care of oneself, sleep deprivation, food mentions, angst, arguments, verbally being put down (unintentionally), angst, and I think that's it. 

Enjoy, my little angst gremlins. ^-^

Fanciful. Roman ran his hands through his hair, breathing out slowly. Fanciful, that's how they saw him. He knew that's how they saw him. That's how they'd always seen him. He was, really. He knew that. He was the dreamer. The ego. The unrealistic, least helpful side.

If Thomas had gotten a job as a chemical engineer, Roman very well wouldn't be needed. At all. The very thought terrified him - he wanted to be useful. He needed to be useful. He tried so hard... he had to do more. He had to find something that couldn't be... erased.

He could be erased. The thought sent fear into Roman's chest. He could be erased, even without Thomas in another career. He had Remus, in the case that he no longer found Roman useful. No, Roman couldn't let that happen. He had to find something else.

Fanciful. The Dreamer. The Ego. Unrealistic.

The Dreamer. The Ego.

The Dreamer.

Roman frowned, squinting into his mirror at himself. It couldn't be that simple, could it? Maybe it could be. Dreams. How had he not thought of it before? If he found a way to control Thomas's dreams, make them better, Thomas would never need - or want? - to get rid of him.

"Dreams." Roman hummed, spinning on his heel and striding to the bookshelf, pulling down book after book and leafing through the pages. "Dreams. Dreams. Dreams." There! Roman smiled, eyes skating over the pages. Perfect. That was good. He could do this. He had to do this. For Thomas.

With a glance at the clock, Roman noted that he had a few hours to plan what he'd give Thomas tonight as a dream. That, and he had to make sure he'd be able to pull this off, but Roman wasn't worried about that. He had to do this, after all. He had no other choice.

Time Skip Sponsored By Chicken Alfredo. Delicious. Truly The Superior Pasta.

Slowly, but surely, Roman managed to smooth out the kinks in his plan. Taking care of dreams in a literal sense was exhausting - but he found it was easy to work out plot points and ideas with the subconscious for Thomas and Logan to find finished in the morning. He managed to complete six or seven different possibilities every night, and soon Thomas's general productivity was improving. Roman couldn't help but beam with pride when he noticed, and Joan commenting on how put together and invested Thomas seemed to be, and videos getting out sooner as they finished scripts sooner.

He'd managed to keep it up for a few weeks - maybe months? He wasn't quite sure how long, really. He'd never been good at time and he was so exhausted, recently, that he couldn't keep track of how many days had gone by.

That was fine.

Roman didn't need to know the time or date. He just needed to help Thomas. To be useful, productive. To be what he'd been created to be.

The dreamer.

So, if this is what he was meant to do, why was he so flipping exhausted all the time?