They Said: Part Two

The second part of the request from Lord__Loki! Hope I didn't disappoint... this was hard to write and I'm not sure how I feel about it.

Also, there's a lot of time skips. I'm sorry about that.

WARNINGS: eating disorder, self-deprecation, self-hatred, hating one's body, mentions of a toxic parent relationship, slight erasure of toxic parent relationship, food mentions, lying, secrets, accidentally coming out, hospitals, near-death experience, starvation, swearing.

Tell me if I missed any warnings! This is a wild one.

"Roman?" Virgil forced himself to speak and pulled off his headphones, looking up from where he lay with his head on Roman's lap. Roman hummed, pulling out his earbuds.

"What is it, my dark and stormy knight?"

Virgil flushed at the nickname, as usual, but refused to let Roman distract him.

"I'm... worried about you." Virgil said softly, letting Roman intertwine their fingers. Roman raised an eyebrow.

"What for?" he laughed, bending down to give him a kiss. "Everythings fine, love. Anything specific on your mind?"

"You've just been acting weird." Virgil sat up, leaning instead on Roman's shoulder. "I dunno, I just... wanted to make sure everything was...okay?"

"I'm perfectly alright," Roman promised, pressing a kiss to his temple. Virgil smiled, letting himself be pulled into a bear hug. "Just switching up routines, that's all. Trying out Logan's scheduling technique."

"Really?" Virgil laughed, and he had to admit he was surprised. Roman had always hated schedules, he'd gone on and on about the ones his parents would force on him. "Who are you and what did you do to my boyfriend?"

"Oh, very funny." Roman chuckled. "He keeps talking about how schedules help him be productive, I thought I'd give it a chance for the rest of the semester. Has it been that obvious?"

"A little." Virgil laughed. "That why you're later to English, now?" Roman nodded.

"Going to the gym in the mornings. I'm still early, though." he smiled. "I'd never keep you waiting, love."

"You better not." Virgil laughed. "I'm an anxious mess and you know it."

"Hm, but you're my anxious mess." Roman kissed him again, pulling him backward onto the bed. Virgil yelped, laughing when Roman dug his fingers into his sides.

"Hey!"

"Just helping you relax a little." Roman snickered. "Sorry, I'll give you a warning next time."

"I forgive you," Virgil promised, rolling over to rest on top of him, hands propping up under his chin on Roman's chest. "Hmm, you're not as comfy anymore. I dunno if I want you to go to the gym."

"Oh yeah?" Roman laughed. "It's been like two weeks, Virgil. Hardly anything has changed." Virgil shrugged. "You'll change your mind when I'm strong enough to pick you up and carry you around."

"Why is that?" Virgil flushed, shaking his head. Roman was truly something else.

"Because you're lazy." Roman booped his nose, sitting up and dislodging Virgil's position. Virgil rolled to the side, sprawling out on Roman's bed.

"That's true." he agreed. "You'll carry me on one of those golden couch things, right? Way more comfortable than being flung over your shoulder."

"Anything for you." Roman laughed, and Virgil smiled over at him. His anxiousness about Roman was lessened, now. He was just switching things up, not acting weird. Just different. Virgil had been worried for nothing.