Arnav was stunned at the direct question. He was blank for a moment ... what he should answer for that. Seeing him blank Aman said, "They can't ask you obviously but they will talk among themselves that why for a mere employee the ASR ... their boss is staying back and ..." Aman was saying ...

"She is not a mere employee ...", said Arnav cutting Aman in between. Aman could sense the anger in his voice ... he smile inwardly wanting to know what Arnav actually consider Khushi.

"She is more than that ... she ...", Arnav was saying but stopped.
"She is what ASR?", asked Aman looking in his eyes.
"Leave that Aman", said Arnav and stood up not wanting to tell how important Khushi has become for him. "I don't care what others think. I am staying back with Khushi and that's final".

Aman smiles ... who better than him knows Arnav, he had been with him from past 8 years ... though Arnav don't say it but Aman knew he is the only close one Arnav had after his Di. Arnav had always have difficulty in saying his actual feelings or showing emotions and right know seeing the concern for Khushi. Aman knew right then and there that Khushi had reach the place in his heart which is only reserved for his very close ones and beside his Di and him now, Khushi is also become close to him. Although it will take time for Arnav to actually realize that fact or may be who knows he had already realized it.

Before Aman could say anything they heard Lavanya, "I will stay back too". Both Aman and Arnav turned towards the bedroom to see Lavanya coming to them.

"Khushi?", asked Arnav instantly taking a step toward Lavanya. "Relax ASR ... she is still sleeping", said Lavanya and Arnav got relaxed.

"Lavanya why ...", Aman was about ask why she wanted to stay back but Lavanya gesture him to stop.

"I don't want others to get suspicious about why ASR stays back for Khushi", said Lavanya looking at Arnav. Arnav was about to say he doesn't care but Lavanya said, "I know you don't care what others think ... but think about Khushi ... they might gossip about her later when she gets back to India. I will stay back on pretence of taking care for her and you could do that in actual ... I won't come in between ... I promise", said Lavanya giving a mischievous smile to Arnav and he raised his eyebrow asking her "really-is-this-the-time-to-joke".

"And Aman would say that you have some work with VF or we can say you are also not well ... what say haan", said Lavanya with same mischievous smile.

"oh no ... we can't say that ... or else I too have to stay back on the pretence of looking after him", said Aman teasingly.

"What the ...", said Arnav looking angrily at Aman and Lavanya.

"No ... Aman is going back ... relax", said Lavanya looking at Arnav's angry expression.

"Whatever", said Arnav and move towards the bedroom to check on Khushi. Lavanya and Aman passes a knowing smile to each other.

-------------------- Around 10 am

Khushi opens her eyes and squint them as the light was directly falling on her face from the window. She slowly got up and sit on the bed ... her head was heavy. She looked around ... it was not her room ... then where is she? She thought and last night events flashed before her eyes ... she grips the bed sheet in her fist and her other hand immediately flew to her neck ... Her OM locket?

Then she remembered she had given it to Arush before coming to London. It was the first time that she did not have her locket with her and first time a bad thing had happen with her. She knew the locket had always protected her somehow ... exactly what he had said to her all those years ago.

But now Arnavji is with her. He saved me, she thought and relaxes as she remembers how Arnav came and pushed the guy and last thing she remembers was being in Arnav's arm.