Chapter 22 (Pt. 1)

Playlist - Bad Things by Camila Cabello and Machine Gun Kelly

Ares

Luna West wanted to corrupt me.

I loved the sound of the idea. It was thrilling and turned me on knowing that Luna had the guts to believe that she could even come slightest bit close to succeeding.

I didn't want to say I had butterflies, but that's what the light feeling in my stomach felt like-- a million butterflies.

Luna West was a challenge, I knew that but she was proving herself to be incredibly hard to tame and that made me even more determined to have her.

Little Luna West will be conquered soon.

I shot a glance at the girls sitting and chatting in the bleachers, ready and waiting to give the guys on the court some attention after practice. I wanted Luna to be one of those girls. Anyone of them.

Desperate and shallow.

Only, she was nothing like them. She was different.

Tonight wouldn't be special because it would officially make me and Chase shareholders of racing line, but because I was finally setting my plan into motion.

It was time to creep my place into Luna's body and soul. I was making her mine.

Shooting the ball over to Chase, I jogged to the end of the field with everyone else, twenty sets of sneakers chased after the ball. Trying to score a goal.

It came over to me two times before I finally kicked it with all my energy and just before it could hit the net, Axel barged in and defended his goal net.

I clenched my jaw as it went over to Axel. He grinned, running back down to the other end of the field, satisfied in my failure. Anger sat like a brick in my stomach, but I kept quiet. I shouldn't have missed that.

I was thinking about her again. She was starting to distract me.

Axel moved light and quick, keeping one eye on the ball as he cast me a glance, smiling.

"Tonight is going to be fucking wild," Chase jogged over to me. "I can tell. I was waiting for that bitch to sign those papers for so long." He referred to our deal with the master of illegal racing, Ruth. "It'll be fun to race under my own rules."

"You cannot race under your own rules. We don't want biased shit to pour in."

"Who gives a fuck?" He cocked his eyebrow at me. "I am more than ready to let go of it all. My rough edges are itching to get out and with your little friend there, it'll be a hell lot more wild."

I liked toying with Luna, but Chase went a step more ballistic when it concerned her. He wanted nothing more than to wring her neck.

"You're just going to be a keen observer, Chase," I reminded him. "I don't want you anywhere near her. Not yet." Or ever.

Instead of anticipating all the ways I was going to get my hands dirty tonight, I was obsessing over her and whether or not I should bring her to Chase' war zone.

"She's not yours to protect." Chase' tone became rough. "You're going to have to break her will, Ares. You'll complicate things if you grow feelings for her. She's a cunt."

I wanted to argue and tell him that she indeed was mine to protest and mine to...break. He didn't make decisions for me. I did.

"Bickering again, love birds?" Axel nudged my arm. I glanced at him, trying to look like I wasn't minutes away from punching Chase, when he tipped his chin, gesturing to my right. "Your father and..." He turned his head to Chase. "Future father in law is here," he gritted.