Chapter 20 (Pt. 3)

Playlist - My Bad by khalid

Ares

I gripped the wooden handle until my hand ached and willed my feet forward. He watched me with a taunting leer as I approached his office table.

"You've got yourself pussy whipped." He didn't bother to hide his displeasure. "You told me you would follow the plan accordingly, but I guess she bewitched you and your thoughts."

"You done?" I plopped my feet on top of his mahogany table. "Unlike you, I don't bother with feelings. She's means nothing to me."

"Oh, is that so?" He feigned surprise. "Oh, mighty, Ares doesn't care about Luna West. She's just another fresh pussy to him. So, if that's the case then why haven't you executed the plan which you enthusiastically made?"

"It takes time, Chase. I just can't scare away the girl. It takes time for things to fall in place. It just can't happen with the snap of my fingers. I don't control her," I said. "Yet."

"School is almost ending. Soon we'll be off to college and I suspect if Axel is even interested in Luna and our plan anymore. He's been a bitch for these past months."

"Well, you are going to marry the love of his life. God. I can't ever let Axel near Charlotte again. It's a fucking nuisance."

"For whom?"

"Me," I said, simply. "He doesn't deserve my sister nor should my sister marry him. He's unpredictable and with zero ambition. Uncle Charles is waiting to renounce his claim to his legacy. I can't give my sister to some broke bitch."

"Such a good brother," he said, sarcastically. "Yet you are giving her to me. What makes you think I won't break her?"

"I don't care. Just not to Axel and if you ever hurt Charlotte, I will kill you."

"Shit, I'm so scared." He chuckled, bringing Jack Daniels to his mouth. "But where the fuck are you doing with Luna? You cannot grow a soft corner for her. It will just make things hard for you."

Like I wasn't aware of it.

I've almost successfully managed to keep Luna away from getting under my skin. I know what role I play in her life, but her role in my life was starting to increase.

I've known pretty much the entire deal about Luna since a long time... since before she even paid attention to me. But, now as we're starting to spend our time together, the inquisitive side of her wants to know more about my life.

I mean, I could be a complete dick to her and keep her at an arm's distance when it comes to sharing my personal life, but I just cannot resist the way her intoxicating eyes just... comes alive with the little information she learns about me.

I enjoy messing with her brain and staring in her lively eyes far more than to keep her at bay.

Lost in my thoughts, I finally paid attention to Chase's words when he mentioned Notre Dame. "So, it's almost time for graduation, huh?"

I nodded at his rhetorical question. "I'm looking forward to college for quite a few time. Can't wait to see whatcthe fuss is all about." Though, I kept my tone light, I couldn't help, but feel sudden loss in my chest.

Sure, I was ecstatic to move forward in my life. Obviously, it would mean that I would be leaving my safe haven and the friends I have here, but that doesn't matter to me. At the moment, I'm just concerned about leaving a certain sunshine-headed junoesque beauty behind.

What the fuck is wrong with you? She's the enemy. I scold myself, reminding the reasons why I shouldn't keep pondering over Luna that much.