Chapter 23 (Pt. 2, Side A)

Playlist - Dress by Taylor Swift

Luna

"Get in," he orders when we arrive at his car parked haphazardly nearby. "You're not leaving my line of sight until I tell you to. No fucking arguments."

Ares strides around the car, clasping my elbow and opening the passenger door. I'm pushed into the seat and he quickly takes the driver's seat in his BMW.

"Why do I feel like you're mad at me?" I ask, softly. "I should be the one mad, no, furious at you. You're extremely infuriating."

He doesn't appear to be fuming, like he was earlier on, yet the tick of his perfect jaw tells me there's still some anger unresolved beneath his composed surface.

I don't feel frightened of him, though. He did scare me a little, but he's no danger to me, except, maybe, to my heart.

"I swear to God, if you're playing with my emotions, I'll run you over with my aunt's car."

"Okay," he mumbled, airily.

"Believe it."

The drive to his home is barely fifteen minutes, we don't speak for the remainder of the ride. I am not sure what's going on in his head as he maintains his impassive look. I certainly know what I want from him; I want to know what's going in that brain of his.

He needs to stop being a mystery to me. It was getting exhausting for me to figure his next move.

My breath hitches as we arrive at our destination. Magnificent iron gates creak opened, slowly revealing a mansion of epic proportions. The structure is glowing subtly in the distance, lit up by floodlights dotted around the grounds.

I stared at the image in front of me in astonishment. Ares practically lived in a beautiful palace, because this, in no way should ever be categorised as mundane as the term home.

He car standstill under the canopied driveway on the front of the house.

I darted a wide-eyed look to Ares, finding his stunning eyes studying me. I don't look away, waiting for him to make the next move.

He appears to be thinking hard as he shuts off the engine and descended out and walked his way around to me.

Opening the door, he finds my eyes, and I can see reassurance in them as he holds his hand out to me. "Give me your hand."

My response to him automatic, my hand crawls to take his hand, as I remove myself from the car while savouring that familiar feeling of internal lightning bolts attacking me. It's more incredible each time I experience it.

"Do you feel it too?" He's undoubtedly referring to the igniting current that he too is experiencing as our skin touch.

"Yeah," I murmur.

He repositioned his hand to get a better grip on me.

The huge double doors before me are wide open when we reach them. It's embedded with concrete pillars on either side, flanking the grand entrance, guarded by two scary looking big men. Both of the suited men nod as we pass.

"That's some exceptional security for you," I said, baffled.

"My father is a big deal in the business world and naturally he has enemies, this is just to evade any life threatening situation," he replied, looking ahead.

I had heard about real estate mogul, Ares' father, Sedric Torrance, his binding power and huge empire was not built overnight, but passed on to him by his father.