Chapter 26 (Pt.2)

Playlist  - Every Breath You Take by The Police

Luna

A dichotomy of uproar stirred inside my belly, it rumbled with anticipation. I had to see Ares and tell him about the incident, but if I told him before his final school game then it would just mess with his head. 

It would be best suited if I told him about this strange phone call after his game. I needed him to be  headspace during his game because if this call turned out to be nothing but a farce, then I would be responsible for his distorted headspace during the game. 

A stadium had already started to fill up, because people from both the rival schools and towns were in attendance. This was a big game. 

“Hey,  goody-two shoes. How are you doing?” I came face to face with Gabriella Potter,  Ares’s friend. She was in her blue and yellow cheerleader outfit. 

I forced a smile. “I am doing well. You certainly look amazing.” 

She bloomed at my comment. “I really do, don't I?” I smiled and nodded at her enthusiasm. “Your boyfriend is pumped up for the game. I've never seen him so determined to get a trophy.” 

“Championship title could do that to you,” I chuckled, nervously. An awkward silence fell around us and I was the first to excuse myself from further small talks. “Good luck to you. I'll go join my friends.” 

When I was about to stride away from Gabby, she grabbed my elbow, stopping me from taking another step. 

“Hey, I forgot. You're supposed to sit with the cheerleaders. Ares had specifically ordered me to keep you with us.” 

Spend the duration of the game with a bunch of too good for anybody girls? No way. I wasn't going to get myself stuck with them.  

I slipped out of her hold. “Oh, no. I'll prefer sitting with my classmates today. Thanks for the offer, I'll handle Ares if he disapproves.” Not giving her any chance to drag me away with her, I strode away. 

“Good save,” I whispered to myself, hand on my chest. 

I spotted my classmates Angela, Noah, Travis and a few others along with Jenna, in their school mascot jerseys and suddenly I felt out of place, because here I was in the first hoodie that I saw on my bedroom floor, plain jeans. 

I wasn't dressed for the festivities and felt absolutely terrible for it. I should be cheering for my boyfriend rather than moping in fright. 

And the horrible girlfriend award goes to you, Luna. 

It was somewhat strange watching Jenna mix with my crowd. I guess, there was still some distaste for her somewhere inside my heart. Our feud was mostly one sided which made me a fool. 

I was so childish. 

My friends saw me and waved at me, signalling me to crash with them. I treaded towards their seats, but suddenly a body collided with mine. 

“Damn!”

“Oops… ow.” 

I had nearly missed my footing. The person whom I collided with saved me from rolling down the stadium stairs. 

“I am so sorry.” A sweet, feminine voice apologised. “Are you alright? I wasn't looking where I was going.” 

I came face to face with a familiar face. It was the sparkling blue eyes hidden behind thick glasses that caught my attention. Same copper hair and reddened face. 

She was the same girl who had the guts to dismiss my boyfriend's behaviour that day in the classroom. 

Shit. I don’t know her name.