Chapter 23 (Pt. 3)

Playlist  - Love Me Like You Do by Ellie Goulding

Luna 

"Moonlight, wake up."

Air rushed in and out of my lungs, and I felt warm all the way up to my head. I blinked open my eyes to the soft moonlit room. It was still dark and my thoughts were fuzzy from a sleepy haze. 

I didn't know whether I was dreaming about my arms being pinned to a cloud-like surface and my legs spread  wide in a straddle, but I sure well knew the aching pleasure I felt inside my warm heat wasn't something that could be dreamt of. 

A very familiar body was holding me down. He was thrusting deep inside me, rocking my hips mercilessly and saying things I couldn’t process. His natural scent of wood and lavender engulfed my senses. 

Oh, Ares. 

“Baby, you're finally awake. Now you can feel me deep.” Ares’ warm breath wafted over my face. “Fuck yeah, wrap me up tight. Look into my eyes when I take you nice and slow.” 

My breath caught as the pleasure settled deep within my core. Even in the midst of drowsiness, Ares knew how to drive me to the brink of intoxication. 

I tossed my head back and forth as he pounded deep strokes inside me. I felt my walls clenched tightly around Ares and I climaxed, bellowing his name. 

He still held me in place as he planted himself deep. My hands came to rest at his shoulders as he covered me like a massive sweaty blanket. 

I didn’t know whether it was a figment of my imagination when I faintly heard him whisper I am sorry, before I drifted back to sleep with him still inside me. 

He was sorry? Why? 

                                  ***

I’m sorry.

Ares’ broken apology played like a nonstop record in my head. I still wasn’t sure if he actually spoke those words to me. I decided to stop dwelling upon something which could be nothing more than my imagination and focus on the present. 

“This way.” The hostess motioned me to follow her as she led the way to my reserved table. “Your company is already seated.” Technically, I wasn’t the one to reserve a table in this beautiful french restaurant. 

“Luna!” Her cheerful voice caught my attention. “It's so good to see you.” I waved at her as we neared the table. I was engulfed in a tight hug and I laughed off her excitement.

“Charlotte, hello to you too.” I smiled warmly at her. “You look stunning and what did you do to your hair.” The last part came out as a surprise, because she had dyed her hair pitch black. 

“Do you like it?” She combed her hands to her waist length hair. “I have extension in as well. I think it makes me look more sophisticated.” 

I nodded, not commenting further. Her hair looked fine alright, but it definitely was a bold decision on her part. Charlotte’ brown locks really matched well with her slightly tanned skin tone and the new hair made her look more gothic. 

“And I have these too.” She fished out a pair black chanel glasses. “How do I look?” She pouted, flaunting her new look. 

I laughed, shaking my head. “You look pretty.” Her new look strangely reminded me of someone, but I couldn’t put a finger on it. 

We ordered from an extensive number of choices in the menu. I couldn't even spell half of the names of the dishes. The only one that seemed familiar to me was Coq Au Vin so I ordered it for myself.