Chapter 23 (Pt. 4, Side B)

follow my backup incase something happens to this account

comicthinker

Playlist  - Blue Side (Outro) by J Hope

Ares

I drove my car through the secret driveway of Henry mansion. The particular route Chase used, to sneak in and out of his house, unscathed and without letting his father know. 

What the hell was Chase up to, now? I can't have a moment of peace. 

Grunting in frustration, I parked my car in reverse and got the hell out of it. That fucker better not be taking any substance or else I'll lose my shit. He needs to quit acting like a child. 

I clenched my fucking teeth together, my concern morphed into anger at the thought of how much I am willing to sacrifice for friend, sister. It won't be worth it, I know that much. 

I jogged to the hallway of his mansion and spotted Axel pacing back and forth like a madman. “You have no idea what's going on,” Axel said as soon as his impatient gaze met mine. 

“Damn it. What's he doing now?” We both went inside the house, taking the spiral staircase. 

“He trashed everything and I can't even begin to explain what all he has done.” 

We rounded the bannister and headed  to the next set of stairs, heading upstairs to Chase’s floor. It was eerily silent when we got there. I could sense something terrible had happened. 

“He has lost his shit. Got in a fight with Cade for starters and now he's locked himself in the study. Axel said. “I'll go fetch the keys from the maid.”

“What the fuck were you doing, anyway?” I shot him a glare as he went to retrieve the keys. I turned the knob around to see whether it was unlocked, it wasn't. 

“Chase?” I tapped my palm on the door. “Dude, stop behaving like a child. This is not the time for it.” I pounded my fist on the door. “C'mon, you asshole.” 

I tapped my foot to the floor, growing impatient as every second passed, when Axel took forever to get keys. Was he carving those keys? 

Sound of heavy footsteps followed was Axel’s appearance in the dimly lit passage. He held the keys up in air before quickly tossing it for me to catch. 

“Open that bloody door.” He took in long exhales to catch his breath. “Now.” 

“I don’t take orders from you,” I shot him a lucid glare. “What were you doing here in the first place? You could have stopped things from escalating further.”

“I wasn’t bloody hanging out with him,” he clarified. “I merely came to have a word with him, and you should be thanking me instead of throwing accusations my way. If I hadn’t been here that crazy asshole would have either been killed or had killed.”

“Kill, really?” I asked with a lift of my brow. “Do you expect me to believe it?” 

“Goddamn open the door already. We can talk later.” 

I turned away from him and inserted the key into the keyhole. Seconds later, it was finally open. I pushed the heavy door open, ready to berate my friend, only there wasn't a trace of him in the room.

“It's empty,” Axel spoke, airily. “How?” 

“Damn it.” I clenched my jaw tight. From Axel’s side profile, I could see his fist was balled up with a vein ready to pop.