Chapter 16

This book is also published on Inkitt and Dreame. Please support me there, because I don't know whether my account will stay on wattpad for long.

Just to be safe, I've created accounts on Inkitt and Dreame and I've an Instagram account too.

username for all is comicsthinker

follow my backup incase something happens to this account
comicthinker

Playlist - Wonderland by Taylor Swift

Luna

My aunt's perfectly styled blonde head popped up on the screen. She waved through the screen, blowing few kisses at me.

"Darling, how are you? I missed you so much."

"I'm fine." I twirled my hair. "Just couldn't sleep." I noticed she had makeup on and was not in her lounge wear. "Have I caught you on a bad time?"

"No, honey. I was just going out for a few drinks with a client." Her eyes gleamed with excitement and I suspected whether she was going on a date.

"Or a date?"

She blushed. "That's absolutely rubbish. They're going to be a people with us and I'm working on his company' account. Can't mix business with pleasure."

"If he's hot you can."

"Why on the earth are you not sleeping. What time is it possibly there, Luna?"

"Three," I said and averted my gaze. She scowled at me and then lectured me on why I shouldn't stay awake at night.

"Aunt Lucille, don't you have to be somewhere?" I diverted the topic, but she knew my tricks better.

"Luna," she said, on serious note. "Is something bothering you?" Should I tell her about Mia's situation.... it would be too risky. It would only tarnish Mia's name. "Is it about your mom?"

"It's not about mommy." It was my childhood habit to refer my mom as 'mommy' and I couldn't let it go. "I haven't thought of her in awhile." How could I when my attention was captured by those disturbingly destructive boys. "It's nothing Aunt Lucille, don't worry about me."

I figured not be tell her about my impromptu plan to Cabo. She would only freak out and rush over here leaving her work behind. "By the way, when will you be back?"

Smiling brightly she gushed about how close she was to secure a big account and all the sleepless nights might actually result in victory. "Everything depends on how tonight goes, sweetie." She turned nervous for the first time now.

"Deep breaths, Lucy boo." She breathed in and out with me. "You're a winner. You've got it." After she calmed down, I spoke a few encouraging words. "Now, off you go and flash me that million dollar smile." She did.

"You go back to bed, no late nights." I nodded. There's no way I'll be sleeping. My little friend is going to keep me awake all night.

We said our goodbyes and ended the call. I slided my Macbook Pro and stretched on the bed.

Not a few seconds later, Ash crawled on top on me. "There you are."

I kissed my little baby and his little bell jingled, he purred resting beside me. "You are sleepy?" He stared at my face like be actually understood me and let out cute 'meow' melting my heart a little. I caressed his soft skin and tucked him under his blanket.