The Final Chapter

I have uploaded my works on Inkitt and Dreame too. Wattpad is getting rid of mature content so please support me on Inkitt and Dreame

Inkitt and Dreame username  - comicsthinker
Follow me on Instagram, username- comicsthinker

Follow my backup incase something happens to this account comicthinker

Playlist - Girl of my dreams by Juice WRLD and Suga

Luna

Busy crossing off things from my mental to-do list, I didn't notice when a familiar voice spoke my name.

"Luna." I was startled for a moment to see Charlotte stand in front me. She wore a pink dungaree. Her face bare and the circle under eyes were a little less amplified.

She gave me a contrite smile. "It's hard to keep hold of you. You run everywhere."

Staggered and trying to comprehend how she got here, I just stared at her. Last time I had learned, she was getting help at a psychiatric facility.

"It's hard to take it all in the first time."

I glupped and spoke. "You, how?" Rendered speechless, I wasn't surprised at my inability to form a proper sentence.

She tucked the lone strand of her hair behind her ear. "It's difficult to explain, actually, I don't want to explain anything. I have no excuses for what I did. The only thing I can do is to apologise to you. I caused you trouble."

A million things were going on in my head. I wanted to yell at her, demand answers out of her. Why did she play the sweet, supportive friend only for her to actually be the mastermind behind everything.

She ruined my life. Almost. Had I given her too much power over me, my life would've been ruined. But it's not. I should be thankful for that. Still, I didn't want to face her or talk to her.

I didn't care if she was Ares's sister or not. She didn't mean anything to me.

I willed myself to turn around and walk away from her, but I stayed rooted in my spot. Hurtful words threatening to spill from my mouth as anger overpowered my senses.

"Why, the insincere apology? Dissatisfied that you didn't succeed in doing what you had set out for? Let me tell you one thing; you did succeed in breaking my heart and causing the same amount of damage to your brother."

"I wish I could be nice to you, but guess what? I am not nice. In fact, I am fucking ecstatic that you broke up with brother. Happy? That's what you wanted to hear, right?"

I narrowed my eyes on her. "Look, Charlotte, I am not-"

"I don't want to listen to you. The only way I will succeed is if you let me and guess what? I am succeeding big time. My brother is still in hospital and I am finally out of mine and you are too stubborn to accept him for who he is."

Why was I even letting her speak to me in that way? She was nothing more than a despicable person.

"I have nothing to say to you."

"Well, if you have nothing to say, then do me a favour and disappear from Ares's life. You're always with him. Leading him on-"

"-I am not leading him on." I interjected. "He's well aware of the fact that we are nothing more than exes. I am just looking out for him, as someone who previously cared for him."