Renegade: Chapter Eight

Start from the beginning

I can't believe it! We we're right! The true crystallized heart is here and it was almost in our hands! I said to myself.

I ordered the ten soldiers to get it when all of a sudden, an invisible force pushed them all back. Then, a quake was felt which caused us to tremble into our knees and unexpectedly, the floor just in front of that tiger head had cracked and created a dozen manholes.

One by one, approximately 200 soldiers from the Maria Clan jumped from that holes as they held a sword on their right hands. With a 1940 s looks, the men wore red colored Zoot suits and wore grey colored fedora hats on their heads. The women on the other hand wore red colored blouses which were paired with black colored skirts. Line after line, they positioned themselves with rage on their faces, as they blocked our way towards the real crystallized heart.

Kate immediately lit a fast flammable rope that was connected from her shoes to the boots of the Lieutenant (who was in-charge of the soldiers waiting for us outside) which signaled the main attack. Don't worry. The footwear of Kate and the Lieutenant were fire proof. Only the rope was designed to react to the flame. So when the flame approached their clothes, it just died off in an instant.

Then, a lady about thirty years of age inserted herself towards the front of those Maria soldiers. She wore a black colored gown which matched with her straight black hair. She had a pale complexion and her eyes were red in color. After she looked at us from head to toe she said, "You know what? Those Maria Uniforms don't suit you."

"Well, it's none of your concern right after we kill you all and grab that crystallized heart," Kate smirked. "I can already picture that victory right inside my mind."

"Are you sure, you pathetic woman?" The lady asked. "It had been seven decades after we had fought a Concepcion before, which means that we have more experience than you. Take note of this... Experience always defies a battle."

"But cleverness always turns the battle ground," Kate smirked as cries from the 290 Concepcion soldiers leaded by the Lieutenant came inside the hall. They all held a khopesh on their left hands, ready to get stained with blood..

The lady grabbed her sword and said, "Well, this will be fun. A professional warrior kills a hundred more!"

"Or a clever trio defies you all," Kate raised her right eyebrow.

"Attack!" I shouted as a fight started to burst. Everything was a rumble! We fought with our lightning powers as they fought back with force fields. By the way, didn't underestimate their power because their force fields could repel lightning.

Back in that battle, some of the pillars crumbled and Maria banners started to fall. The people in that place started to decrease in number as time went by and unfortunately, the Lieutenant was included with the casualty. And it was all because of his lack of intelligence. ("Oh look! I just pressed a land mine. What will happen next?")

In the end, all that was left alive in that place was me, Alexander, Kate and that bitch clothed in an old black dress. Silence started to conquer the atmosphere as the lady and the three of us looked at each other. She stood a few paces in front of the huge tiger head sculpture while the three of us stood in front of the wooden door.

Then she walked towards us as she wiped her blood stained sword with her dress and said, "You know, you can just leave now and I will spare your lives."

"That will never happen!" Kate beamed.

"Oh! I'm scared," The lady mocked.

"Okay. If that's your decision, it's fine with me. But before I kill you one by one, let me give you a trivia. That crystallized heart extended my life and made me young for 70 years. I will make it sure that I will still look young even if the only solution is to kill you all," She stopped and looked at us.