Aeternum: Chapter Thirteen

Their chant was interrupted at the moment a bluish light mysteriously appeared on the runway. With our eyes suddenly focused with the light, we instantly froze on our tracks.

With confusion, I asked, "W-What is happening?"

"Well, I believe that it didn't need five complete chants to finish it after all," Odessa smirked.

"No," I slowly shook my head. "No! It can't be!"

"Let's face it, Gerald," General Matthew said. "In this round, you and all your loyal friends had lost."

"We are the ones who are victorious," Odessa spoke as I slowly turned my head towards the Imperialists.

Their face were filled with pride and joy as the earthquake shook weaker and weaker. At that moment, I could not accept that we had just lost the battle.

Now that one of the sacred hourglasses are gone, it is already impossible to face her in Prave. I said to myself as I bowed my head. Darkness had won. This time, it is irreversible... I am sorry Prince Joshua... We fai—

"Oh my!" Hazel shouted unexpectedly.

"What is it?" I slowly looked at her.

"L-L-Look!" Hazel pointed her index finger towards the runway.

At the moment my eyes focused on where her finger was pointing, my blue eyes widened as I saw the bluish light start to glow weaker and weaker. Then, after a few seconds, my mouth slowly opened into a crescent shape as I had seen a satisfying sight.

"No!" Commander Lorry shook his head as he saw Sam hold the two sacred hourglasses with his both hands. His clothes had completely changed into a white gladiator outfit.

"I can't believe it!" Scott widened his eyes. "He was Prince Joshua's reincarnated self all along! We should have known!"

"As the owner of the sacred hourglass, he is the only one that can reverse the spell," I spoke with a smirk. "It makes sense! This makes him as an immortal too!"

"Now that the flattened hourglass is on his hands, the acid is finally gone and we all have been spared from our doom." Hazel smiled.

"I knew it! We should have continued the last chant," General Matthew hissed. "Now we are the ones who are doomed!"

"I guess you are right," Commander Lorry looked at him worriedly.

"What do you mean?" I asked as I looked at him. "Speak!"

"For every deal, there is always a consequence," Commander Lorry explained. "Yes... Kadugan had granted all our request to be invincible... Immune from any kind of weapon strikes or powers. But once we fail with the five chants and destroying the flattened sacred hourglass, that privilege will be taken back by her."

"Well, that's just shallow," Scott rolled his eyes.

"You don't understand," Commander Lorry shook his head as his eyes got teary. "There is far worse that is going to happen aside from that."

"Then what is it?" I asked as we all stood up.

"Look... It doesn't matter anymore." Our former commander answered as he wiped his tears. "Gerald, I'm very sorry for everything."

"What's going on? I don't understand." I shook my head.

"I'm sorry for joining the Imperialists and I'm sorry for questioning your allegiance with the Democrats. It is already far too late for me to realize that you were the ones that were right and we had fell into the hands of pure evil and danger," He spoke.