Aeternum: Chapter Five

"So you're telling us that these sacred hourglasses can be found in a hidden church in Ilocos Norte and inside a cave in Davao City?" I asked.

"Yes. I know that the distance between them is too far, but it was the only way to avoid the sacred hourglasses in the wrong hands," He explained.

"Can we ask you a more detailed view of these places?" Hazel asked.

"I'm sorry, but that's the only thing I know," He said sadly.

"It's okay grandpa. Thanks for the tip," Kate said kindly.

"I hope it will help you in your journey," He leaned back.

"It sure will do. Thank you," I said smiling.

Few seconds later, Christopher looked at me saying, "Gerald, we have to go."

"We appreciate this informative acquaintance, but we have to go. Thanks again for the info grandpa," I said as we started walking.

"It's my pleasure," He replied waving his hand.

"Guys, what will we do now?" Scott asked.

"Let us have a shut eye. It would be best if we start our journey tomorrow morning," I explained.

"The problem now is the cash. The Mansion is in a dump. We need sponsors," Cole clarified.

"I can probably give you enough support," Sam said seriously.

"Are you sure Sam?" Christopher asked.

"Yes. My father is a businessman who is also a member of the Democrats. We can ask him for help," Sam clarified.

"That's fantastic!" I smiled.

"I believe that I can see the light from now," Brandon giggled.

"Are you going to die?" Scott asked.

"No, you idiot," Brandon clarified.

"It looks like it is happening," Scott smirked.

"Oh no. I'm dying. I can't breathe. Help me," Brandon said sarcastically.

"If I was a director making an Indie film, I won't even hire you because your acting sucks," Christopher clarified.

"I don't care, you asshole. You're just jealous," Brandon said irritated.

"Why will I be jealous? Where is your trophy from the Oscar's Award? I bet there's none," Brandon said smirking.

"Blah....Blah....Blah.... Your speech is just too soft for my confident ears to hear. Can you repeat that again?" Brandon asked proudly.

I interrupted their crazy speech fight saying, "Okay. That's enough. Let's go to our rooms and see if we recover useful things for the travel. I bet it's just partially damaged."

"I hope it is, Miss Gerald," Kate laughed.

"What? I don't understand," I uttered widening my eyes.

"Look at yourself," Christopher giggled.

I hadn't realized that I was wearing the Rosario dress from the pageant the whole time! Oh shit! That was so embarrassing. Well that was included to my Shame Files Deluxe.

As we arrived in our rooms, it wasn't damaged. Oh we were so lucky to have our things still in place. It was a miracle. I was so happy that at last, I changed my clothes from that sissy costume to my favorite shirt and jeans. Then, I lay down on my bed and took a good night sleep hoping that our mission will succeed the next day. Yes that was totally relaxing, but I had never forgotten my fellow Democrats who were outside begging for help.