Aeternum: Chapter Nine

General Matthew walked towards Hazel. His eyes were flashing with evilness. Then proudly, he said, "Okay. It's not going to hurt anyway. Do you remember the lady that was once met by the three datus?"

"Are you talking about Kadugan?" Hazel asked with a stern look.

"Of course, you fool," He said as he turned around and looked at a distance.

"So you're telling us that she did that meteor thing?" I asked.

"Yes! She was very mad at the Democrats. Your propagandas were a piece of trash to her. You just made her freak out when you destroyed the crystallized heart," He replied as he looked at me.

"At least it was all worth it and--" I said.

"Silence!" He interrupted. "It was her gift for mankind and what did you all do? You destroyed it."

"He's right," Lorry added. "She heard our cries and miraculously, she destroyed the Mansion for us. She is a nice, trusted goddess."

"You are fools!" Christopher shouted. "You were blinded by her. Don't you all get it?"

"No, Christopher," General Matthew replied. "She made us wake up to reality and see who the real enemy is."

Out of the blue, Lorry changed the topic and pointed at our bags saying, "By the way, you have something in there that should be ours."

"What are you talking about?" I asked.

"Don't fool me around. You all know what I'm talking about," Lorry insisted.

"Give us the sacred hourglasses!" General Matthew demanded.

"We will never give it to you, even if it costs our lives!" Hazel shouted.

"Oh that's too dramatic!" General Matthew laughed.

"We're serious, Darwin," Christopher said.

"How many times do I have to tell you that my name is already General Matthew? Is it hard to remember?" He asked with a stern look.

Lorry looked at General Matthew and said, "Well for now, it doesn't matter. We need to get those sacred hourglasses from them, now."

"You're right," General Matthew said. "Let's get back to the topic. I know that this can be discussed in a diplomatic manner. If you give us the sacred hourglasses, we can assure you that all your lives will be spared."

"What if we don't?" Brandon asked.

"Come on, Brandon! You're not dumb. Of course these are consequences," General Matthew said laughing.

"Well in that case, we won't give it to you," Christopher said.

"Okay. You said it," General Matthew said as a man surprisingly grabbed Hazel from the back.

"Hazel!" I shouted while seeing her being captured by the soldiers. They immediately tied her hands and legs too keep her from escaping. I tried to run, but I was blocked by Scott and Cole.

"We all know that this can get worse," Lorry said.

"So give it now," General Matthew added.

Hazel looked at us shouting, "Don't give it!"

"Is it the right time to listen to her?" General Matthew asked. "Think about it."