Renegade: Chapter Sixteen

I couldn't believe what I had seen. I was left astounded! The whole area didn't even feel like an underground place at all! I expected that I would see the walls entirely made out of soil. But, all I saw were yellow cemented walls which were carved with eagle figures.

Attached on the ceiling were silver colored chandeliers that lighted the whole place with different shades of yellow. There were three passageways inside that academy. One was on the right, another was on the left and the third was on the center. In the middle of these passageways was a black tiled foyer which made the school look like a royal palace. On the center of this foyer was a huge eagle statue which was intricately carved with gold and silver.

In terms of the students, they all had worn blue coats with an eagle symbol printed nicely at the back. The coats were paired with white colored pants which were made entirely out of silk. With books carried by their hands, they chatted with their friends as they walked along the passages.

"Majestic!" Kate looked around with an awe.

"Oh this is threatening," Darwin murmured. "I should have not joined this shit."

"I'm sure going to love it here," Patricia smiled.

"Me too," Alex added softly.

"Come on now, kids," The man called our attention. "The principal must meet you all."

"Sure," Cole nodded as we followed the man towards the left passageway called Domination.

"It is good to see that we are the only clan who thought of this wonderful idea... An underground school for the intelligent Rosario youth," He spoke with pride as I looked at the sides of the said passageway which was filled with blue colored doors.

"Oh... I see," I nodded.

Then, he continued to brag with the words, "Well obviously, the other clans are just too dumb to think of having a complicated idea like this. I think their bases are prehistoric or made from the lowest quality of materials. Well, that is pathetic,"

"Are you sure about that?" Cole looked at him with his eyes narrowed.

"Of course," He answered as Cole gave him an awkward smile. "I'm sure about it."

With the man's statement, I could not help myself but boil a tremendous fury inside of me. It seemed that my inner volcano had just erupted with an intense amount of raging lava.

He is such a bitch, I said to myself. Is he calling us dumb? He doesn't even know that we are rebels! He is such a pity... Nevertheless, I have to stay calm. I don't want to feed him with suspicious acts.

We were not informed that the Principal Office was located at the very end of the Domination Passageway. Because of this, we all wiped our sweats as we stood in front of its cream colored door. Slowly, the man took a peek inside. Then after a few seconds, he slowly looked back at us and closed the door with the words, "Wait here, students... It seems that the principal is a bit busy with her flower sessions."

"Flower sessions underground?" Kate asked with a puzzled look.

"Yeah," The man nodded. "The principal can be weird sometimes."

"Okay... We are willing to wait," Cole smiled awkwardly.

"It's good to hear that. By the way, I need to leave you all here. I have some other businesses to accomplish," He smirked.

"Sure... Thanks for the service," Hazel thanked kindly as the man bent his knees and walked away.

~~~o0o~~~