Aeternum: Chapter Twelve

"Gerald, he may look like Alexander but dude, it's not him. We have to go," Scott spoke as Prince Joshua's remains turned into ashes.

"We must attack him," I said. "We can defeat him together."

"Gerald, we don't have much time for that," Scott explained. "The other enemies will surely resurrect at any moment. Look! The sun is about to rise!"

"You're right," I nodded. "We really need to go."

Suddenly the Alexander wannabe threw his axe towards Scott!

"Scott! Look out!" I shouted as he looked at the axe which rotated towards him.

Luckily, with the use of his force field, he defended himself just in time. As a revenge, he immediately raised his arms on his both sides. Then, as he clashed his hands together, a tremendous force field was created which left that Alexander wannabe fly in the air and smash his body against the solid ground.

"That would spare us some time," Scott spoke.

"Let's go," I said as he replied with a nod.

We held our hands together and closed out eyes. Then together, we recited the word, "Eterna!"

With a snap, everything got windy. Then, as we opened our eyes, we both realized that we were both back in the forest. With our minds still shocked of what had just happened, we stood silently in front of our friends.

"You guys are back!" Hazel smiled as she ran towards me and gave me a hug.

"I can't believe you killed the both of us without any further notice!" I said irritably.

She replied me with nothing but a giggle.

"It was not funny," I spoke. "You gave our minds and idea that you were a traitor."

"Well, I'm not... Come on! You know I'm not going to do that. Plus, I just wanted to see your epic faces and it sure was funny," Hazel laughed. "There will an absence of thrill if I had just told the both of you that you will be immortals and will gain the abilities of an immortal once you get yourselves killed, like me. Isn't that right? I just want to make the best out of everything."

"Well, you sure did and congratulations," Scott rolled his eyes.

"Come on, guys! Cheer up! What matters most is that both of you are now immortals and together, we are going to help the Democrats regain the other sacred hourglass that we once had," Hazel said as she rubbed both our backs.

"Well, you have a point and if it wasn't for you, Gerald and I won't discover the secrets within us," Scott slowly nodded.

"Okay," I said. "It seems legit."

Christopher walked towards us and said, "After you guys were killed by Hazel, she explained to us everything and now, all is back to normal. It took us a hard time to believe her, but she managed to regain our trust."

"Yup," Sam nodded. "It was a bumpy ride for Hazel. Not to mention that the other Democrats were also affected of what she had done. Just to clear things up, she explained in front of everyone, including the President Dela Cruz himself."

"But at least now, everything is already okay," Hazel spoke.

"Right," I said. "Past is past."

Out of the blue, Alex walked in front of us and said, "I'm glad that the demigods have come back! The whole world must rejoice for your sweet presence!"

After those confusing words of Alex, everything got awkwardly silent.

Scott looked at him with his eyes narrowed and said, "Alex, I can't believe that you are still weird. I still can't understand what you are sayi—"