Renegade: Chapter Twenty-Six

"Gerald and Kate, you guys need to get up now," A familiar feminine voice was heard as I slowly opened my blue colored eyes. "It's already ten o'clock in the morning and the ceremony is about the start."

At the moment I slowly turned my head towards my right, I saw Hazel stood in front of me with a smile on her face. At that exact moment, I hoped that her smile and beauty would never fade. With that simple act, it all seemed something to be cherished for thousands of years. The crescent shape of her glossy lips was so perfect.

"Gerald, are you listening to me?" She asked as my mind instantly got out from that simple adoration.

"Oh! Of course," I chuckled as I slowly sat down on the white colored bed.

Then, I turned my head towards my sister Kate and said, "Kate, wake up. The ceremony is about to start. I know we hadn't took a bath yet, but the ceremony is more important."

"How am I supposed to get there in this situation?" Kate asked as she rubbed her eyes.

"There is a wheelchair outside that we can use," Hazel answered. "As for your dextrose, we can ask someone to carry that for you."

"Well, that's great!" Kate smiled.

"Let me get the wheelchair," Hazel said as she rapidly left the light blue colored room.

"Well, I may have not been there to help all of you fight for the crystallized heart, but at least I am going to see you guys be awarded for your heroic acts," Kate spoke.

"Indeed," I nodded. "It will do."

"Honestly, I am already excited to see that Alexander statue," Kate smiled. "I bet it is awesome."

"I think so too," I rubbed her back.

"Here we go," Hazel spoke as she walked inside the room with a wheelchair pushed by both her hands.

"Now that was fast," I looked at her as she positioned the wheelchair on the left side of the bed.

"Great!" Kate softly clapped her hands.

"Let me help," I said as I stood up and helped my sister walk her way safely towards the wheelchair.

Hazel on the other hand grabbed Kate's dextrose which was hung on the dextrose holder.

"Well, I guess I'm going to carry your dextrose, Kate," Hazel smiled as Kate slowly sat on the wheelchair.

"Thank you," Kate spoke kindly. "I owe you a lot."

"It's my pleasure," Hazel replied.

"Well, I guess we're ready to go then," I looked at them as I placed my hands on the wheelchair's handles.

"Yup," Hazel nodded as together, we left the room and walked along the Repose Hallway.

~~~o0o~~~

Still wearing those white leather jackets, we all had kept our travel silent. At the moment we reached in front of this huge wooden door that was carved with an image of the three Democrat founders, we stopped on our tracks.

"What does Alexander's monument look like?" I asked as I looked at them.

"Well, there is only one way to find out," Hazel smiled as I slowly pushed the wooden door.

In an instant, the golden ray of the sun penetrated on the growing space as I looked at the grassy cemetery filled with countless Democrats. Shockingly, all had worn gold extravagant clothing and decency was at its finest.