Aeternum: Chapter Two

"This is not the right time to tell this to everyone. Especially that tomorrow is the fourth Anniversary," Kate explained.

"You're right. They'll totally freak out once they know of this," I added as I placed my hands on my head.

"We will tell them," Commander Hilda looked at us seriously with her emerald eyes. "It's just that it won't be now."

"I agree. Let's focus to our work first before dealing with this," I spoke. "Umm... Maybe, it's just a coincidence."

"Look... Is it okay if the two of you do the competition organization while I deal in studying this?" Commander Hilda requested. "You don't need my advices anymore. I have a full trust with the both of you."

"Are you sure with this?" Kate asked worriedly.

"Yes I am, Kate," Commander Hilda nodded.

"If that is what you want, fine. Let us see what we can do," I patted Kate's back.

"Umm... Okay," Kate nodded slowly.

"Now good luck to the both of you," She spoke. "I know it will be hard, but have fun."

"Thanks commander and we will," I said kindly as we opened the door and left.

~~~o0o~~~

The next morning, the sun was at its peak and the heat overwhelmed the place when Kate and I handled the Dual Battle. The competition proper was held on the right side of the cemetery in which there was an open field. To serve as the arena, a small white square was painted. The venue was filled with Democrats as they carried the banners and streamers of Maria, Concepcion and Rosario to show with pride their teams that competed for the said event. The whole crowd was loud as they shouted the name of the clan they belonged.

To formally start the competition, I walked towards the center of the arena and in a loud voice, I said, "Before we begin the Dual Battle that is now on its fourth year, I will first tell the mechanics of the said game. Each clan is given the chance to participate in the said event with a sole competitor as a representative. No powers will be allowed in the said competition. Instead, attacks and defenses will be done only through a hand-to-hand combat. The reason for this is because we despise the powers we have which had been the weapons of death and self-interest for six hundred years. To make things equal, only the hand-to-hand combat is allowed to symbolize the equality of the three clans. The only way to earn a point is when the opponent goes outside the arena. The first competitor to earn two points wins. Good luck and may the best Democrat win,"

In an instant, the crowd cheered again with their loudest cries as Kate walked towards me with a paper held by her hands. Then she stood beside me and said, "Okay. Let the games begin. The first battle will be from are Brad Esber from the clan of the Marias and Nerio Aguas from the clan of the Concepcions,"

A few seconds later, a teenager on our left stepped inside of the small arena. He had worn this red shirt which was paired with black skinny jeans. He had this light skin and slanted eyes. He had this long hair that was tied on its back and a large scar was seen on his right cheek. With confidence, he stopped in front of us and in a low voice, he said, "I am honored to represent the Marias."

"I am glad to hear that," I nodded.

Moments later, another contender stepped inside the arena. He had worn this dark blue shirt which was paired with a white jogging pants. His face was a little wrinkled and his short white hair was gelled to look flat. He had this round eyes and his lips were black. He had this dark complexion with a few visible scars on his left arm. At the moment he stopped in front of us, he bowed his head and spoke, "I am deeply honored to raise the banner of the Rosarios."