Renegade: Chapter Twenty-Five

Surprisingly, at that moment when all the Democrats thought that everything was already too late, an unexpected thing happened... The crystallized heart blasted with a sound like that of a glass that just broke. Instantly, all the dead Rosario Soldiers, including Xavier and Queen Katherine had turned into ashes and were blown by the wind. As my eyes focused back on the crystallized heart, I saw its whitish glow slowly fade away as I saw its blue crystalline feature, now broken into its finest form, slowly fell into the ground.

For the loyal Rosarios, their faces instantly were filled with sadness, regret and hopelessness. Their once dream of immortality was blown by the evening breeze. With nothing more to fight for, their purpose in life was left blank. For them, there was no other reason to continue the fight. They had lost. Some of them let go of their double headed axes and knelt down on the black tiled floor, in the hope that everything was just a dream. Unfortunately for them, it was not.

As for the Democrats, they instantly had rejoiced for what they had seen. With their swords raised above their heads, the cheered with their loudest cries.

Finally, I said to myself with a smile on my face. Elisa, Eduardo and Fidel's vision had been fulfilled.

"We did it!" Hazel shouted as she rapidly hugged me.

"Yes we did, Hazel. Yes we did," I hugged her back.

"I can't believe it's over," Scott looked at us with a smile on his face. "Peace will finally be attained. The three clans will be united agai—"

Suddenly, a loud thundering sound was heard from the starry sky.

"What? I don't understand," I shook my head as I looked at the sky. "I don't see any clouds anywhere. Yet, the sound of that thunder was so near and loud!"

"Where did it come from?" Christopher asked as he continued to hold his wounded left arm.

"I honestly don't know," I shook my head.

As I looked back towards the crowd of Democrats and loyal Rosarios, I saw their faces instantly overwhelmed with fear. In the middle of this crowd, I had seen Alex, Patricia, Cole, Brandon and Commander Hilda slowly walk towards us with a worried look on their faces. Due to Cole's wounded condition, Alex assisted his walk.

"What the hell was that?" Brandon asked.

"Don't ask me. I have no idea," Scott shook his head.

"I have never read any scriptures from the Democrats and the Concepcions that could answer what had just happened," Commander Hilda spoke. "I think it's only one of the side effects."

"I guess so," Alex said softly.

Unexpectedly, our short conversation was interrupted when another loud sound was heard from the heavens! This time, it was a feminine voice whose anger was clearly portrayed. With force, she shouted, "Mayiva!" It was so loud that we all fell towards the floor.

After that surprising rage, the whole foyer was instantly overwhelmed with murmurs.

"Who was that and where did it come from?" I asked as we all slowly stood up.

"What did that mean?" Cole asked worriedly.

"What was that language?" Commander Hilda asked as she continued to look up.

"That was odd," Patricia said. "That was so odd."

"No one is even in the skies," Cole clarified.

With a gulp, Commander Hilda looked at us and said, "I think we should all go back to the Mansion now."

"I think so too," Hazel nodded.