Aeternum: Chapter Three

Moments later, mumbles started to overwhelm the gymnasium as a black smoke raised from where he had once been.

"Oh my! Did he just committed suicide?" Asked one of the women on my right.

"Well, it looked like it," Answered a muscular voice.

"Should we now ask the people in charge with this program?" Another woman asked. "I think we should call an ambulance."

"Did you all thought that I died?" The host asked as he confidently walked towards the center of the stage. "I'm telling you now that I'm still alive."

Slowly, the crowd turned loud again as a sigh of relief was felt. The host did not blow to pieces and the show would go as planned.

With a laugh, the host said, "Enough with all the chats ladies and gentlemen and let the competition begin!"

Seconds later, the crowd gone wild as the first contestant came on stage. Ms. Maria wore a tiger-inspired gown and a head dress having a face of a tiger. The thing in her fashion that freaked me out the most was her long, sharp claws. Seriously, why would they design that costume that used old, dirty clays for this competition? It's just like putting hardened poop on your finger and pasted with more poop. There was another thing that I had observed from her outfit. She had these dangling strings from the edges of her skirt. In my opinion, it looks like urine coming out from her clothes.

Mr. Maria came on stage with an African-style outfit. He also had a headdress twice the size of his head and had a thick, cotton-like band wrapped on his wrists. All the ladies started to get out of control because his powerful weapon, "the abs" was shown to the public. That abs just doesn't get old. Good thing I have abs too if you include abs-like fats. Surprisingly, the contestant roared like a tiger which was really fantastic.

As Mr. Maria came out of the stage, the female contender from the Concepcions walked her way to the center. She wore a scale-like gown and the dominant colors were green and black. She also had a Medusa-inspired hair and snakes were crawling on her dress. It took me seconds to find out that they were only controlled by a remote. Well, that was cool.

Then Mr. Concepcion stole the crowd's attention. He wore a headdress molded like a cobra and had a long cape painted with the colors black and gold. His shirt and pants were painted with snakes having different colors and styles. Plus, he was holding a golden staff carved with the head of a snake on top of it.

Few minutes later, he walked towards the exit and my one, true bet had finally revealed herself. Her outfit made my jaw drop. She was wearing a light blue dress and had an eagle head carving on top of her head. I thought that it was her actual gown, but I was terribly wrong. As she stretched her arms to her sides, her skirt elongated which revealed different shades of blue-painted feathers. Well that's not all. Wings spread out from her back which were painted with gold. As she walked around the stage, feathers started to fall from her dress, but surprisingly, all the feathers were still all sticking from her dress. I asked myself, Where are those falling feathers coming from?

I looked at it closely and saw feathers makers on her wings. That explained everything.

As she walked outside the stage, I squeezed myself going to the backstage to meet her. I opened the door to her dressing room and found out that everyone was fanning and rubbing her back. I immediately concluded that something was not right.

"What happened?" I asked.

"She passed out the time she opened the door," Scott replied.

"Oh this is such a huge problem," Christopher said rubbing her back.