Renegade: Chapter Six

Then, I slowly opened the door and took a peek. On the other hand, Commander Hilda silently walked behind the door to tidy herself up.

"Oh! It's nice to see you all three back," Commander Lorry said as he sat on the stairs. "How was the mission?

"I think that conversation needs to wait," I said seriously.

"Why is that so?" He asked with a puzzled look.

"Someone joined us all the way from Mandaue City to meet you and she really needs to talk to you," I answered.

"Oh I see. Who is she?" He asked as I signaled Commander Hilda to walk beside me.

As she slowly walked towards my side, Commander Lorry widened his eyes and stood up.

Commander Lorry walked towards her slowly and said, "It had been a long time ever since I last saw you."

"I know. Our troupes in Mandaue City were all killed in the attempts to get the crystallized heart from the Marias and my son and I were the only ones left who survived," She explained sadly.

"Oh that's terrible! What happened to your base?" Commander Lorry asked.

"The Marias attacked it two years ago," She replied as she looked afar.

"Umm... Let's further talk about this in here," Commander Lorry looked at Commander Hilda with his grey eyes filled with compassion.

"That's an excellent choice," Commander Hilda nodded.

Then, he looked on the three of us with the words, "You three go to your rooms and take a rest. We will discuss about the mission you made in Mandaue City after our conversation."

"Yes, sir," I spoke as we gave him a bow and walked towards our rooms.

~~~o0o~~~

While inside my mint green painted room, I changed from that Maria uniform into the official Concepcion outfit which was characterized by an apple green Kung Fu shirt and silky black pants. Then, I grabbed a letter inside one of the pockets of that Maria uniform I had and slowly sat on my green colored bed. Then, I slowly unfolded the letter and was surprised to read its contents written like this:

My dearest Eduardo;

I'm sorry that I cannot go into the plaza, because I am just not feeling well. My head is aching and I am having a hard time to keep my balance. But don't worry. The doctor told me that I just need some time to rest and I will be back to normal. For the past few days, I was excited to finally meet you again. But misfortunes just sneaks its way between us. Even with my absence torturing your soul, please don't let go and leave our love wither into a lifeless matter. Please wait for me.

In continuation with our secret mission together, I had figured out on how to end this war once and for all. There is this Arabian looking gentleman who mysteriously had visited me through a dream for three straight nights and always informed me that the war will only stop if the crystallized heart will simultaneously be destroyed by three teens. There must be one from the Marias, one from the Concepcions and the other from the Rosarios. However, every time I asked him on what will happen to the three clans after the destruction of the crystallized heart, he would instantly vanish.

At first, I did not believe what the person had said in the dream and thought that everything was just a coincidence, until he had finally showed up through an apparition right inside my room. Then, with the same words, he had informed me with a sweet and gentle voice. After his guidance, he instantly had vanished and left a small golden sculpture of a dove at the exact place he had showed up.