Renegade: Chapter Twelve

"Are you sure about this, Gerald? Are we really going to leave this base for that secret league?" Kate asked as three of us walked our way towards the Scale Section.

"Well sort of, Kate," I replied softly. "It had been a week now ever since I read those letters we got from the Maria's Base in Mandaue City. With that week, I had pondered this decision and I think it is the best for us all. In my opinion, it was a calling for us to finally change our ideology and principles. We believe that everything happens for a reason, especially that time when we grabbed those letters from the Maria's library.

"And I will just be frank about this. I know that we have been waiting for four years to get this opportunity to fight. But what had they done to us in those past years? We were caged in this base. We were not allowed to go out. It was as if we were prisoners. We were made as like these robots who are activated only when already needed."

Kate and Alexander were left silent with their eyes fixed on me. Despite of this, I continued with the words, "Let's face it. They only see us as minions for the benefit of the whole clan. They really take good care of us. Why? Because they know that we can do something for their benefit. Is this what we really want, or was this the want that was imposed to us through these years? For all those times that they explained to us how treacherous the others clans are, that they are the bad guys, that we deserve immortality more than them. Look how close minded we are! And I guess this fight has to end. In the first place, we were made equals with the same capabilities. It is better to be kept that way. No immortals. Just normal mortals."

"I guess you're right, Gerald. I sure am going to miss wearing these green Kung Fu clothes," Kate said as she looked on her Concepcion uniform.

"Me too," Alexander added sadly.

"Wait," I looked at them.

"What?" Kate asked.

"We are still going to go back here... Let's take Commander Hilda as an example. As long as we don't get caught, everything is going to be fine," I explained.

"Oh! I see," Kate smirked.

"Well, let's get back to the real deal," Alexander spoke.

"What is it?" I asked.

"I guess my parents will not be proud of me if I follow your decision, Gerald. However, in these stressful hours of intense battles we had, it would be best if I finally change my mindset and fight for peace. I don't want to live with chaos in mind," Alexander replied seriously.

"I agree, Alexander," I said as we stopped in front of the Scale Section's wooden door. "I agree."

"Well, here we go," Kate spoke as she looked at us and knocked at the door three times.

Seconds later, Commander Lorry opened the wooden door with his fair skinned hands. At the moment he looked at us, he asked, "What brings you all here?"

"Well, we would want to ask a permission from you," I replied.

"Okay... Proceed... Tell me your request," Commander looked at me with his grey eyes.

"Kate, Alexander and I would want to have a vacation in Manila for a few days, because those previous missions were extremely exhausting," I explained.

"I agree," Alexander nodded. "Actually, my love life issues were also affected by those missions. So I demand a break time from those stressful moments."