Renegade: Chapter Two

"Sure," She replied kindly with a smile on her face. "That will be Three Thousand Pesos all in all, sir."

"Oh! That's fantastic! We still have slots," I said as I felt my whole nervousness start to melt towards the cemented ground.

Then, I smiled at Alexander and Kate which stood quietly at a distance. Alexander sensed what the smile had meant and clapped weirdly with delight. I grabbed the payment inside my right pocket and handed it to the teller through a small circular whole in that glass.

"I received the exact amount and here are your tickets," She said as she handed me three silver colored tickets.

I smiled at her with the words, "Oh thank you very much and--"

"Oh! One more thing," She interrupted.

"What is it?" I asked.

"I'm afraid you and your friends need to wait with the other passengers for thirty minutes, because all the ships at this moment are doing the necessary inspections," She explained sadly.

"Oh! That is fine," I said as the smile in my face started to melt. "We are willing to wait."

"That's great! Have a nice day," She bowed her head as she lend me three silver colored tickets. Then, I replied her with a slight smile and immediately walked towards my companions.

"Guys, we need to wait for thirty minutes before departure," I clarified.

"Oh... I see," Alexander nodded.

"Well bitches, in that case, I am going to make myself productive," Kate said proudly.

"How?" Alexander asked.

"I'm going to go inside the rest room to do my beauty rituals. Everybody knows that beauty must be preserved to its 'goddess-like' form despite all these stresses in life!" Kate explained confidently.

"Oh that's a waste of time," Alexander complained.

"Shut up!" Kate hissed. "You are not the boss of me."

"Okay. That's enough," I interrupted. "We all have our freedom to do anything."

"Exactly!" Kate smirked.

After a few seconds, with grace and immeasurable posture, she walked confidently towards the restroom. At that moment, I was left with Alexander who seemed to look around and appreciate the beauty of the port. To accommodate this thirty minutes of boredom, I decided to have a little chat with him.

"Hey, bro! I was left thinking. Where are your parents? I haven't seen them for already a year," I asked as I placed the silver briefcase on the floor.

"Actually Gerald, they already died," Alexander replied as he bowed his head.

"What? I can't believe this! How did this happen?" I looked at him with my eyes widened.

"They got killed in the middle of a fight against the Marias... It just happened a year ago," Alexander explained as his eyes started to get teary.

"Why did I not hear this news before?" I placed my right hand onto my forehead.

"I didn't tell you both because I know that it will bother our missions," Alexander's tears started to fall to the ground.

"You should have told us that time! We are a family and we also have a right to help you, even if it means consoling you," I said forcefully.

Poor Alexander was left speechless as he looked at a distance and he pondered that loss that haunted him for already a year.

I continued with the words, "That sucks. Don't worry, bro. What matters most is that there is still a way to end what they had started. We will make sure that their death will not be put to waste. We can do this Alexander. We can do this."