Renegade: Chapter Nineteen

At that starry night when everything was silent, the chopper's sound was loudly heard as it slowly landed on the Mansion's grassy fields. Surprisingly, none of the Democrats even bothered to look at the machine that just landed on their hermit territory. Maybe they were all asleep or had done something more important rather than securing the whole exterior and assisting unexpected arrivals.

Then, at the moment when the engine finally shut down, we carefully got out of the chopper and carried Alexander's pale body with our bloodied hands. With an evidence of dried tears in our sunken eyes, Hazel rapidly ran towards the Golden Door and slowly opened it with a creaking sound. Then with no time wasted, we rapidly carried Alexander towards the Mansion's interior.

With dim yellowish lights to guide our way, we passed by the extravagant Golden Hall and continued to walk along the white colored Equality Hallway. No one dared to open their mouths. Only sniffs were heard from that sorrowful walk.

At the moment we reached at the very end of the Equality Hallway, the place revealed to us a wooden door that was partially destroyed by termites. Attached on its center was a white circular plaque which was made out of porcelain. At the moment we saw the carved text in the middle of this plaque, some of us could not help ourselves but cry.

"I never expected to carry someone so young like Alexander in a morgue," Scott sobbed.

"Me too," Cole said softly.

"Sadly, we can't do anything more about it. None of us can go back through time and change everything," I sniffed. "It would be best if we all just accept everything that happened."

Then, I looked at Hazel and said, "Please open the morgue for us."

With a slow nod, she granted my request and slowly opened the wooden door. With a creaking sound, the place slowly revealed to us a room with its walls designed to look like the blue sky. On the center was a rusty necropsy table that had a white silky fabric neatly folded on top of it. Attached on the ceiling were three fluorescent lamps which shed a dim whitish light.

With no time wasted, we carefully carried Alexander inside the morgue and brought him on top of the necropsy table. Then, Hazel unfolded the white silky cloth and gently wrapped his body. With everything finally settled, we all kept silent as we slowly tried to accept his horrifying fate.

It's so hard to see you gone, Al. I said to myself as I looked at the sky-like walls of the morgue. I hope that you are now safe in the heavens above.

Unexpectedly, Commander Hilda walked inside the morgue and broke the silence with the words, "Where did you guys go and why are you all here?"

We replied her with nothing but teary eyed stares.

"What's wrong? Where is Alexander?" She asked worriedly.

Upon hearing this, we slowly walked towards the back of the necropsy table.

Completely bothered with our actions, she gulped as she slowly looked at the white covered cadaver on top of the necropsy table. After a few seconds, with a slow pace, she walked towards it and hoped that her terrifying assumption was wrong. Unfortunately, it was confirmed at the moment she unveiled the cloth and saw Alexander's head, now pale and lifeless. With a shook of her head, she tried to deny the fact that he was already gone. Her once kind face was now dominated with nothing but despair.

"What happened to him?" Commander Hilda hissed as tears started to come out of her eyes.

"We went to a secret school of the Rosarios to figure out the location of the crystallized heart. Then, at the moment we got the answer, we tried everything we could to escape," I replied as I looked at her.