Renegade: Chapter Twenty

"Wait a minute... What is this sorcery?" I asked irritably as I realized that our names were nowhere to be found. In an instant, I felt my body melt with despair.

"I guess Commander Hilda is still upset with us that she excluded us on this mission," Kate guessed sadly as I repeatedly looked at the list.

"Damn it! How are we supposed to fight Alexander's death if we are not listed on this list?" I asked loudly.

"Gerald, we can't do anything more about it," Kate sighed as she patted my back. "Come on... Let's just get back on our room. I still need to beautify this angelic face of mine. That 'mourning event' made my skin wrinkled."

"No," I shook my head as my eyes got teary and anger started to overwhelm my whole being. "This is horrible! We are deprived of our right to help!"

"Gerald, stop it," Kate consoled. "Let these bitches do the job for you... After all, we deserve a rest from that unfortunate mission."

Despite that unjustifiable exclusion, I was left no choice but to accept our fate. With a sigh, I felt my anger drain itself to the ground. Then, I wiped my tears and said, "Oh alright... I give up."

"Come on... Let's get back to our room," Kate spoke as she pulled my hand.

Then together, we sneaked ourselves out of the crowd and slowly headed towards our room.

~~~o0o~~~

"Let me guess... Your names are also not on the list," Patricia sighed at the moment she saw me open the black colored door.

"Yeah," I nodded slowly. "This is awful!"

"Cheer up, Gerald. You are not alone," Christopher comforted as he walked towards us. "Even we are not on that list."

"Are you kidding?" I widened my eyes as Kate and I slowly went inside.

"No... I'm not," Christopher shook his head and slowly took a peek outside the room. "A few hours from now, we the teens of room 73 are going to witness a historic event of the Mansion being a ghost town."

"Well, that is an amazing scene! I can't wait for that to happen," Scott said sarcastically as he sat comfortably on his bed.

"Well, this is unfair!" Brandon complained as he laid down on his bed. "We should also be doing what the others are doing."

"I think this is a punishment to us all," I guessed as I walked towards the yellow sofa and sat. "I think this is our punishment for going to that secret school without the consent of the other Democrats... I'm sorry guys... I'm sorry that Kate, Alexander and I persuaded you all to join us in that secret academy. None of you should have been involved with this mess, until we came along."

"It's a good thing you know," Darwin howled as he continued to lean his body against the orange wall.

"You don't need to say sorry," Hazel spoke as she sat beside me.

Then with her kind eyes, she looked at me and continued with the words, "If we have not done that, the whole Democrats will never be aware of the current status of the crystallized heart."

"She's right, Gerald," Cole nodded as he walked towards us. "None of this would have happened if it wasn't for us."

Suddenly, Commander Hilda rapidly walked inside our room with a face that expressed nothing. She had worn a white leather jacket which was paired with black silky pants. Attached on her back was her Democrat cape.

Quite alarmed with her unexpected arrival, I rapidly stood up and decided to do what was right. I walked towards her and with myself filled with guilt, I said, "Commander Hilda, we are very sor—"