Renegade: Chapter Twenty-One

"Thank God you finally woke up!" Hazel thanked as I slowly opened my eyes.

Only then I realized that I was inside a light blue colored room and lay comfortably on a white colored bed. Above my head was a fluorescent light and placed on the right side of the bed was a small wooden table which had a bundle of white colored roses on top of it. Attached on my face was an oxygen mask which was connected to a green colored oxygen tank. As I slowly touched my head, I realized that there was a bondage attached on the upper right side of my forehead.

"How long have I already been here?" I asked.

"Two days," Hazel replied softly as my eyes instantly widened.

"What happened?" I asked as I slowly removed my oxygen mask.

"Gerald, before I answer that question, I am asking for your forgiveness for what we have done," She apologized sadly. "I'm sorry for believing Darwin so easily. We should have done something to stop all of that mess... Gerald, always remember this. You have always proven our trust."

"Umm... It's alright," I smiled. "I forgive you."

"Are you sure?" She asked worriedly. "Are there no more hard feelings in your heart?"

"Of course," I looked at her with my kind blue eyes.

With a smile on her face, she said, "It's good to hear that."

Then, she sighed and continued with the words, "Gerald, as for your question, we just lost Alexander and we can't stand losing the two of you too. So, disregarding what Darwin had said, we followed you and Kate towards the Concepcion Base. Then, at the moment we arrived in there, we were shocked to see you both lie unconsciously on the cemented ground. With caution, we instantly carried the two of you towards the chopper and together, we flew back towards the Mansion. Upon landing, we rapidly brought the two of you here in the Repose Hallway to treat your wounds."

For a minute, I looked at Hazel. After leaving them in an instant and despising my allegiance to the league, I could not believe that they still cared for me. I was not worthy to be a Democrat anymore, but there I was again, accepted like nothing happened.

In an instant, my eyes got teary as Hazel said, "Gerald, don't cry."

"I can't believe you all still cared for us," I sobbed.

"Of course," Hazel smiled. "We are a team... The Democrats always care for their fellow Democrats."

"Thank you, Hazel," I smiled as she gave me a hug. "Thank you."

"It's our pleasure," Hazel spoke as she let go of the hug.

Then, I looked around with the words, "Anyway, where is my sister?"

"Gerald, she suffered most of the impact," Hazel answered sadly as I slowly sat on my bed. "But don't worry... She is already in a stable condition. There are a lot of doctors who are doing their best to help her."

"Well in that case, I must see her condition," I spoke as I tried to stand up.

"Take a rest, Gerald. She'll be fine," She comforted as she let me sit down again.

"Hazel, please," I pleaded.

"Gerald, I insist," Hazel spoke softly.

"Hazel, please," I pleaded again.