Renegade: Chapter Twenty-Four

"Oh this is such a fine reunion!" The queen smirked as she slowly stood up from her blue colored throne.

With a shook of my head, I said, "Katherine? Ho--"

"Shut up. It is Queen Katherine to be exact," She corrected.

"My queen, this is a shocker," Xavier looked at her with his eyes widened.

"Deal with it, my successor," Queen Katherine smirked.

Then with confidence, she continued, "Anyway, I can't believe that you are still clueless about the significance of my actions to promote the victory of my clan, Gerald."

"What are you talking about, you son of a bitch?" I asked.

"Let me blow the bubble for you, dumb creature," She looked at me. "I secretly owned that ship you and your friends rode a few months ago. It was our way to have a source of income and do something more promising and useful."

"What is it?" I glowered at her.

"Most of the people inside that ship are ordered to eavesdrop every conversation they can hear. Aside from that, they also check the whole port from time to time to see any traces of a clan-related fight. Unfortunately, you happened to make a commotion in the port with that grandma, revealing your powers in the long run," Queen Katherine continued to look at me as she raised her right eyebrow. "Of course I was delighted to see that according to my men who saw the fight, the people involved with it actually bought tickets to ride my very own ship. Interested with your group, I volunteered to eavesdrop your conversations. Of course, it does not end there. For every enemy encountered in that place, I order a few men to follow them wherever they go."

I was right. I was right all along, I said to myself.

"You are such a clever bitch," I hissed.

"Oh thank you. I take that as a form of gratitude," Queen Katherine slowly and gracefully walked down the black marbled stairway. "Anyway, let's get back to my astounding tactic. Thanks to the spies that followed you, we had finally located the location of the Maria's Base in Mandaue City, which we bombed and the Tres Marias Base that after all this time was the home of the real crystallized heart."

Then she mockingly laughed and continued with the words, "And that's not all... Thanks to the spies, we had known the exact location of your base and the other places you had been. Until that fateful day came when you realized that the three of you were being followed. Despite of that, the knowledge we had gathered from you was already enough to promote destruction to your dear pathetic clan."

"So it was you who had destroyed the Concepcion Base in Tacloban City," I shouted.

"Who else?" She asked with a chuckle. "Of course it was my idea. I'm glad it caused you misery."

"You are going to pay for what you have done!" I growled.

"And you're team is going to pay for what you had done to Principal Sky!" Xavier shouted was he tried to hit me with his left ax.

Good thing I was fast enough to escape the impact and managed to kick him right on his left shoulder. Instantly, he stumbled onto the black tiled floor, but managed to keep his weapons held by his hands.

"Let me face Xavier. You guys handle the queen," I commanded as I looked at Xavier slowly stand up.

"Okay," Christopher nodded as they grabbed the swords from their sword canes and ran towards the queen.

"You think you can handle me on your own? Let's see about that!" Xavier snarled as he threw his right ax towards me.

Good thing I ducked just in time as I surprisingly saw the ax flew right back into his hand.