Chapter 37: Girls in Red

By the end of that day Seth had handed out the drives and explained their use. Thankfully he didn't mention where he had got it from. I had gone about my day normally, secretly thinking over what I wanted to do about Sheer. On one hand, I wanted to trust her and give her a second chance. On the other hand, I want to be wary like Majung and the Black Cosmo Stone suggest.

So anyway, I got in my car and I think you know where this is going. As I entered, the car's engine turned on and Simon's face popped up on the monitor.

"For the love of god, why do you do this!?" I scream at the monitor.

"Miss Light where are you going?"

"Antarctica." I roll my eyes even though I know he can't see the action.

"That's impossible."

"Well..." I pull on my face in irritation, " Look. I need some air, I'm just gonna go drive to an empty field and scream. And then i'll come back"

There was a long silence, followed by, "A-Alright."

"Just don't tell anyone about this." I told him before his face left the screen. I drove up to the grocery store where I had met Sheer. Thankfully, I had left Majung at home so he couldn't vocalize his disappointment in me, like he usually does. I walk throughout the store and stop at the chocolate section. As I'm browsing through the different brands of chocolate, I hear a voice and the clicking of heels behind me.

"Back so soon?"

    "For the love of the universe really?" The Black Cosmo Stone chides.

    "Oh would you just let me live my life?" I bit back.

    I spin a little too quickly on my heels and manage to fall forward into Sheer. She catches me with ease and chuckles lightly. I clear my throat and stand up, "Thank you. It's nice to see you again."

    "You too. I expect you wanted to talk about something?"

    "I do actually. Let me just pay for this and then I'll meet you outside." With that I paid for a bar of Lindt chocolate and found Sheer waiting at the exit of the grocery store. She gently took my hand and led me to a forest behind the store. We sat down and leaned against a tree, only a few inches of air separating us.

    "You wanted to talk about something," Sheer asks, and I can feel her fingertips graze mine peacefully.

    "I wanted to know about you."

    "Well I'm a Space pirate named Sheer, who is betraying my boss to help the good guys. That helps?" She sends me a smirk.

    I chuckle quietly, "Not what I meant. Like what do you like to do? What makes you who you are?"

    "Well, I guess I like to violently crush my enemies in battle but I also like to play with Maximus, my dinosaur partner."

    We continued talking until midnight, our body's lightly touched, our laughs mixing together in a pleasant harmony, and stories shared in a joyful serenade. But eventually I had to leave, we got up and Sheer looked me in the eyes and our faces drifted together like gravity was pulling us. Our lips met in a quiet agreement of our shared feelings. Pulling back, we touched foreheads before I inevitably left to go back home. I touch my lips on the drive back, remember the feeling.

Author's note: Next chapter's gonna be from Sheer's perspective. :) And we've got a few more chapters left.