Chapter 13: Mission Time Part 2

The drive there was long, it weighed down on our anxiety about the impending mission. Eventually, we got there, the cars were parked a decent amount of meters away from the building.

"Alright, quick thing before we go in. Since it'll take Rod and Laura a while to turn off the security systems and find the blueprints, take out the bots with caution and stealth. And do not, I repeat, do not turn your dinosaurs into battle mode, keep 'em in chibi. Now, get in positions. I'll comm again when you should attack." I advise using the dinotector's messaging system.

    Once I know that everyone is in position, I send out another message, "Attack."

    My group stalks towards the droids, positioned at the right side of the building. I signal for HC and Sugar to hide behind a crate with large painted on letters, Spectral Space Pirates. Potato and I hide behind another crate that's in front of them, I check around the corner and spot five droids. I raise all five of my fingers to Potato, who gives the same gesture towards Sugar and HC. Sugar nods, looking over at HC, before flashing us an ok signal. I wait for a few minutes for a droid to get separated from the rest of the group. One leaves, coming towards Potato and I. I wait for it to get just close enough, before pulling it behind the crate and sinking the dagger in its neck cables. HC signals that the two droids are moving towards us while the other two go towards them. The droids seem to have noticed their companion's sudden disappearance. Potato has Cam climb on to the top of the crate and watch the bots. They're coming from the left and right of us.

    I flip my hood over my hair and signal for Potato to get ready to pull them behind the crate. We both do so and have a mini wrestling match with the bots before stabbing them in the head. HC and Sugar have the same problem, except they just have ranged weapons. Sugar has a bow and HC has a chakram, which is literally a knife in the form of a Frisbee. They both climb onto the crate as silently as they can. HC tosses her chakram at one and decapitates it, while Sugar shoots the other one straight through the torso. They give us the thumbs up and we wait for more droids and/or Rod's announcement.

    Thankfully, Rod's announcement comes in first, but so did a distress signal from the back.

    "Hey, guys! I got the security cameras and traps disabled, however, the droids are still going to be active. It seems they run on a different system, I'll work on that next. Laura also got the blueprints of the building, it'll tell you where the control room is." Rod announced.

    "Help! There are so many over here! I don't think we can handle it!" Ocean says frantically, constantly looking over her shoulder.

    "Front and right groups advance through our sides if all bots are defeated. Back group, I'm sending over HC and Sugar to help you. Potato and I will advance into the building. Comm if you're in danger." I give HC and Sugar a reassuring smile and direct them to stay high off the group so that they can easily dispose of the droids.

    Potato uses a large chunk of pavement from the sidewalk to bash through the nearest window. We climb in, careful of the broken glass and any droids.

    "How are they doing?" Dr. Owen asks Seth as he peers over his shoulders. There's a worried, fatherly look in his eyes.

    "I just got off the phone with Rod. He says that he and Laura were able to deactivate the security cameras and traps but not the droids." Seth pauses as the family for the D-Team and the Alpha Gang lets out a cheer, "But, the back team is being overwhelmed by droids. Dark sent out two people to help them."

    "Only two poeple?" Zander says in astonishment.

    "Yes."

    Dr. Taylor sighs, "Whatever Dark is planning, we have to have faith that it's all going to work out in the end."