Chapter 8: Groceries

After the meeting, Majung and I went to the local grocery store to restock. With one hell of a long list we embarked on our journey. Majung hops into the passenger seat and I slide into the driver's seat.

"Hey, you didn't call shotgun." I comment, raising my eyebrows repeatedly for added humor. Majung only shakes his head  and starts tugging on the seat belt. I figure out what he wants to do pretty quickly and lean across to tug the seatbelt and click it into its holder. Majung gives me a nod of thanks and I start up the ignition. "Alright, Simon, do you have directions?"

"Of course, Miss Light. The destination is Jimmy's which will take you about an hour and a half to get to with traffic. Two hours if you miss the first exit, three hours and forty five minutes if you miss the second exit, ten hours if you start driving towards Florida-"

"Simon, just plot the route so we can get out of here, please." I say, frowning at the small device on my windshield.

"Apologizes, Miss Light, plotting course now." Simon replies, as I start to pull out of the garage. We followed the directions and got there in an hour as expected, and I pulled into a parking spot. Jimmy's was a small grocery store, my best guess was it was a family run. It was surrounded by other small, family run shops in a little shopping center. The buildings were a playful periwinkle and light blue color. Before we entered the store, I turned Majung back into a card so that I didn't raise any suspicions. I walked into the store, took a cart, and started working through the aisles. Once I had acquired all of the items on my list, I headed to the register. As I walked, I tugged my hood higher on my head. When I reached the cashier, the woman behind the counter glanced at me with glazed eyes. I quickly started to put my items on the conveyor belt.

"Don't be suspicious. Don't be suspicious. Don't be suspicious." I mutter in my head.

"She ooh so suspicious!" The voice in my head sings back to me.

"Do you ever shut up?!"

"Evidently, no."

"How will you be paying?" The cashier gives me a glance and holds her hand out in expectation.

"Cash, please." I hand her the significant amount before leaving the store and packing away all of the grocery bags into my car. I get into the driver seat and let out a breath I didn't think I was holding.

"How did it go, Miss Light?" Simon chimes from the device on my windshield. I jump slightly from the unexpected noise.

"I was good, the cashier was a little weird though. She had the odd glazed look in her eyes. I couldn't tell if it was grief or something else." I said, shrugging in the car. I place my hands on 10 and 2.

"Hmm, interesting, I will report this to the D-Team later. In the meantime, plotting the route to the destination of Miss Light's House." A ping sounded as the destination was set. I drove back home, parked in the garage, and started to unload the groceries. I called for some help with groceries and Boba and Tootsie came to aid me. We put away the groceries just before an alarm sounds.

Author's Note: Sorry this chapter was so short. I really didn't have much for this chapter so this is unfortunately all I could think of.