Chapter 29: The Rush to the Yellow Cosmo Stone Part 1

It was a long night of training with the broadsword, turns out weapons are a lot harder to manifest than balls. Probably because it's bigger and more intricate, but still, it took me 10 minutes to even get the sword formed half way. It took even more energy to swing it. I ended up going to sleep at about 3 in the morning. I woke up to yet another announcement from Mrs. Ancient about the mission today to get the Yellow Cosmo Stone from New York.

I jolt up from my bed, "Shit!" I had forgotten that the mission was today. I rush to get ready, throwing on a white tank top with black pants. Completely forgetting that it was going to be freezing since it was winter. I jog down to the meeting room, remembering the t-shirt and grabbing a leather jacket from the closet near the entrance to the basement. I swing open the meeting room door, panting, looking around the room at the slightly irked expression of the adults and the solicitous glazes from my teammates. Even Majung was there, sitting on Jelly's lap.

"Sorry, "I said sheepishly with my head bowed, "I guess I overslept." I wince in anticipation for the fury storm that was no doubt on its way.

"Just take a seat," was all that anyone said. I slide into my seat in between Jelly and Guava.

"Anyway, you'll have to break into a building that used to be known as the New York location for the UN. Which means that it's going to be very hard to sneak into. Thankfully, Rod. Laura, and Reese are able to help disable some of the security from here, though stealth is still imperative. Is that clear?"

"Yes." We all reply before setting off to New York. I open the door to the drivers side but Guava stops me.

"Are you sure you wanna drive? I feel like you always drive and that you might want a break." She suggests.

"Oh, sure. I can take a break." I move towards the back seat and buckle up, with Majung jumping up and resting in my lap. I can't help but feel like the others are concerned about me, maybe it was the fact that I've missed a few meetings now.

"I feel like I'm forgetting something..." I mutter under my breath.

Sugar slides into the seat next to me with her dino. "That would probably be breakfast." She says with a light smile, pushing a bagel with cream cheese towards me.

"Oh yeah." I chuckle, grabbing the bagel as my stomach groans. I start munching on it, wondering how she made it so quickly.

We start our drive towards Baltimore, stopping on the way for a bathroom and snack break. When we do, we're careful to keep our heads down, our voices quiet, and our reflexes quick. We exit the break point and stop a few blocks from the lair. By now it's almost sunset, so we have a few hours to spend. We decided to get some rest in the car before setting out to do what we wished to accomplish.