Chapter 21: Infiltration

Drowsy, we drive towards the base, once we're close enough we carefully park our cars, exit, and enter the grounds of the base. We split up into our groups and headed to our assigned directions. My team took the rear of the base, we hide behind some bushes to spot any droids roaming around outside. There are only 4 that we could see so we threw some pebbles at the droids to lure them over to us. Once they were close to the bushes, Tootsie used a sling to immobilize them while Boba and I used our weapons to destroy them.

    "Rear team cleared, ready to advance when everything is a go." I report through the dinobracer.

    "Copy that, we're almost done unarming the system and then you all will be able to get in." Rod reports back.

    My team waits outside the rear door for the command to enter, after about 5 more minutes we get the signal and all the teams move in. My team enters the door, it seems  to be the end of a long hallway. We carefully make our way down the hallway, trying to be as quiet as possible.

    "Now why aren't the lights working? I pressed it already, it should be working! " A familiar voice shouts. The voice sounds like a person who's definitely not the sharpest tool in the shed.

    "Guys, this place is not filled with just robots." Tootsie whispers into her dinobracer.

    "Who else is there? Seth said no one other than droids should be there." Laura asks.

    "Not sure but I think it's one of the Space Pirates." I whisper, "We need to find another way to the control room. Laura and Rod, do you have any other way for us to get there?"

    "Give me a second, I'm uploading the shimatitics to your dinobracer. And, got it! You'll have to go forward a little bit, there will be a repair bay for the droids. In there are vent systems, they're big enough to move through and they lead directly to the control room."

    "Alright you heard him guys, let's move out." We walk into the repair bay, thankfully there weren't any droids in there at the moment but we did need to rush. We unscrewed the vents and climbed into them. Navigating through the complex vent system, which was difficult, the system was light a maze. And I was starting to get a headache.

    "You need to get out of here." The voice in my head says.

    "We're so close, we need to get that intel." I reply while gritting my teeth in frustration.

    "Dark? Are you okay?" Boba asks in a concerned voice.

    "Uh, yeah, I'm good. I just think we need to speed up this mission."

    We got to the control room after a while and met up with the other teams. We got the data slugs filled up with intel and started to make our escape.

    "Go! Go! Go! We need to get out of this hell hole before it happens again!" The voice shouts, it's voice pounding inside my head. It's almost overwhelming enough to make me loss my balance as we make our way out of the base.

    "HEY! WHAT ARE YOU DOING HERE?!" The voice from before screams and I hear flapping wings in the hallway.