Chapter 32: Telling the Truth to Some

"Did you just say kin?" I say out loud in shock. I stumble back from the Cosmo Stone,  falling backwards.

"What would I have said?" The voices chuckles, amused by my sudden realization.

"That means that I'm possessed by a cosmo stone. But- But it doesn't make sense. I'm not a dinosaur, only dinosaurs that Mr and Mrs Ancient converted should be able to be possessed. I mean technically I should be incapacitated like the other people who touched a cosmo stone with their bare skin. Wait does this count as bare skin thought? How did you even get in me-" My panicked thoughts are interrupted by the Cosmo Stone's irked voice.

"Alright that's enough of that. Let's just say, when me and my kin were scattered, I landed here, where I found you. The only human who has been able to sustain me, at least a little. In fact, I found you merely a few months before the Space Pirates landed here to conquer this planet."

"Dark, what are you doing here?" I shoot up like a beanstalk and turn around to see Seth in the doorway of the lab.

"I -well- I came to look at the pretty stone. It shinies ya know!" I almost facepalm at that excuse. Definitely not my finest.

"I see," I don't miss the look of suspicion in Seth's eyes.

"I feel like I should tell him. It's-It's the right thing to do. Majung's right, I need to start telling people the truth."

Taking a deep breath and repeatedly clenching and unclenching my fists, "Seth, I need to talk to you about something. It's about the missing cosmo stone."

Seth raises an eyebrow and flicks a hand to a chair as a signal for me to sit down. While I sit down and gather my thoughts, he pulls up a chair. After a few seconds of unbearable silence I meet his eyes.

"This is gonna sound crazy but I-I think," I gulp, "that there's a cosmo stone inside of me."

Seth lets out a small chuckle, "Look Dark, I was really hoping this was important."

"Wait! This is important! I'm telling you! There's a cosmo stone inside of me!"

"Dark, I really think that you should rest. The stress of the world and what we're doing is obviously getting to you."

"Hmph, I knew he wasn't going to believe you. I mean why waste your time trying to convince them about your- ohno wait-n our little predicament."

"Oh, would you just shut up!" I grind my teeth together, as I shout that. Before realizing that I said it aloud.

"I'm sorry?"

Panic fills me, "Look, I have proof." I extend my hand in front of me and curve my hand so that I feel like I'm holding a ball. I concentrate all my emotions into a dark mass and slowly form it into an orb. "See! I'm not joking or delusional."

Shock is written all over Seth's face, "But is it a cosmo stone that gave you those powers, I mean you've seen that it usually only affects dinosaurs like this."

"We could always run a test and see if the cosmo stone's signature is inside of me."

A few minutes later of Seth and me convincing and demonstrating my powers to the Ancients, they run a scan on me and detect the Cosmo Stone's energy.

"This is incredible, how could this have happened?" Dr. Taylor exclaims.

"It said that a few months before the Space Pirates arrived it was thrown into this dimension and found me. It says that I'm the only human who is able to sustain it."

"Wait! You can talk to it" Max squawks in disbelief.

"Um, yeah. It's pretty grumpy but occasionally it talks to me. Honestly, it's pretty bothersome." I wave a hand and let out a small laugh.

"Excuse me!"

"We can talk about that later. I'm more interested in which Cosmo Stone it is. Do you have any idea?" Mrs. Ancient asks.

"Umm, let me think," Concentrating on everything I've seen from the cosmo stone, I realize which it is, "The Black Cosmo Stone! That's why the Space Pirates couldn't find it!"

"Interesting. Do you think we can get it out?" Dr. Owen proposes to Reese, who shakes her head.

"It's too embedded in Dark. If we remove it, we risk killing her."

"I'm sorry, what?" I gawk at Reese, "You're not serious? Wait, nevermind, you're usually serious."

"Dark, I don't think you should tell the others about this. It might put them at risk if any of them were to get captured and tortured for information."

I stomach the guilt I feel as I mutter an ok and leave to go train with the Black Cosmo Stone.