Chapter 48: To leave or stay?

"You need to eat something." I roll over onto my side to glance down at Majung, who is giving me a stern look from the floor next to my bed. I groan before replying.

"I'm not hungry."

"You're lying, you've barely eaten anything for three days."

I roll my eyes, "That's not true."

"Yes it is, you ate dinner on Tuesday and since then you've been eating bags of chips occasionally. Oh and it's Friday today." I remain silent knowing that he's got me in a box. He takes my silence as a cue to continue, "I understand you're going through a lot right now and that I can't help with a lot of it. But I'm worried about you nonetheless and I think that it would help you if you kept your physical strength up by eating. So please?"

I gently rose from the bed and rubbed my eyes, "I know. I just- It's hard to describe. But I'll try and eat something." I headed to brush my teeth and take a shower, focusing on the droplets as they gently slide down my skin. I didn't know it but Majung was sitting at the foot of my bed replaying the same memory in his head. It was the memory of the day I got captured, his brows furrowed in regret and pain.

I brushed my hair, wincing as the brush got stuck on a knot, lethargically I worked my way through the knot and headed down to get breakfast-or lunch I wasn't really sure- and was greeted by the rest of the team. I listened to their peaceful chatter as we ate, I struggled keeping food down for a long time since my return. But today my stomach seemed to be settling back into its original flow. There was an almost silent ping that sent through our dino bracers.

It read, "Something has come up. Everyone meet in the meeting room." I pushed my chair out as I got up and everyone gave me a concerned stare, not wanting to say anything.

"I'll be fine, it's just a meeting." I gave them a thumbs up and a small smile that seemed to calm their nerves. We headed to the meeting room where we were greeted by a diagram of the world on the projector. The diagram had scattered red dots that varied in size and frequency. Everyone who was already in the room looked up at me, giving me the same pitied stare. I gave them a thumbs up and smiled before sitting down.

"Thank you everyone for coming, this diagram represents the amount of Space Pirate activity around the world. As you can tell there has been a spike in it as of late, possibly because of Dark's rescue and our acquisition of all of the Cosmo Stones. But, because of this we've decided that in 2 weeks, the original D-Team and the Alpha Gang will prepare to leave and scatter the Cosmo Stones." Dr.Ancient paused and looked at me, "Well except for you know. We're still working out a different solution to that."

"So, what we're asking now is. Does anyone wish to go with us? You don't have to decide down there's still time but, we wanted to let you know there is an option."

A quiet familiar feeling wormed its way through my body, "You should go."

I brightened up, "You're back! Where did you go? What happened to you?" I waited and waited, my question was never answered. Just when I thought there was some normality to my life, it seemed to dissipate.