Chapter 51: Goodbyes

I had been put on bed rest for the next few days until the launch. Seth said that my injuries were going to take a little bit to heal and that they would keep a close watch on the trip. Over the course of the days, my friends would visit me and we would hang out, it made me happy to have someone to spend that time with. I hadn't realized how much the loneliness of that cell had affected me.

The day had finally come for the departure of the D-Team and myself. No one else had decided to come with me, which was understandable. They were happy defending this Earth and this was the only one that they had known. I, on the other hand, didn't feel connected to this Earth like them. Maybe it was my parent's departure or maybe everything we went through. But either way, I don't think I could stomach being here anymore. I limped out to the backyard, hugging each of my friends as I passed, sharing a quiet goodbye. When I hugged HC and Sugar I made sure to tell them.

"If you ever have kids, name one after me. I'm thinking Dark Jr." I gave them a cheeky smile before turning back to the crowd of my friends.

"I'm sorry to depart like this, after everything. I can't explain exactly what I expect to find or what I need from this journey to even consider leaving you. But, know that I will never forget you or leave you completely. Message me whenever, I'll message back-I'll come back. We've made it too far for this to be our final goodbye. So thank you, thank you all for everything." With tears sliding gently down my face, a beam of light encapsulated me and the D-Team.

Seth escorted me to my room where I would be spending quite a bit of time, with company of course. Majung and I would share this room for the duration of the journey and I would be recovering in it. I redressed my wounds as we took off and then, feeling drained from the day, laid down to rest my eyes. I drew little symbols in the air with my finger and tried to focus so that I could draw each of my friends' faces.

"Do you think I made a mistake leaving them?" I asked Majung, quietly shifting my position so that I laid on my side to face him.

"No, you needed to leave and I believe that they understand that. Especially after seeing the state of you after you came back." I hummed quietly in response, returning to my previous position.

"Can I ask you a question?" Majung asks and I nod.

"Will you be going back? Or rather, if you go back. Will you stay?"

I pondered it for a second, "It depends," I say carefully, "I would go back to see them and if they needed me. But I don't know if I can stay. I guess, I'll just have to see what happens on this journey."

Author's note: Happy Valentine's Day for those who find it happy(I don't at the moment... It's fine).