41 - Disgust

The sunlight peeking through the window was just as ruthless as a hammer slamming his head. Groaning, he closed his eyes again. He must have been wasted last night. He remembered playing basketball with Esai, but there weren't a lot of other memories.

Behind him, he heard someone else's breathing. Immediately, his headache felt duller, and he smiled. As it seemed, he had gone to Juice last night. Or had Esai passed out in his room? He smelled perfume — and since the number of girls that were always drooling over Esai, it wasn't that far-fetched.

Soft lips touched his shoulder.

Raine froze. That, however, was something Esai would never do.

Suddenly, he realized that he was naked.

"Juice?" he asked in confusion.

There was a pit in his stomach. With a jolt, he rolled on his other side.

Playful, blue eyes stared back at him. "Good morning, sweetie."

Raine shot upright and crawled away from her, in such a hurry he almost fell out of bed. With wide eyes, he stared at the woman next to him. She was naked.

"What the fuck are you doin' here?"

She might as well have stabbed a dagger in his chest. Breathing became harder and a sudden pain spread through his body. Had he... Had he slept with her? No — he couldn't, right? He loved Juice. Ever since he met him, there had been no one else on his mind. Had he — had he really...?

A naughty expression crossed her face. "You want me to refresh your memory?" She leaned towards him, her hand gliding under the duvet until she found his thigh. At first, he was so shocked he didn't even feel her hand until she caressed his balls. Immediately, he kicked her away from him.

"Keep your hands off me."

She pouted. "You were nicer when you were drunk. I hadn't had such great sex in a long time. And neither did you — you told me. You said you had to be fucked in the head for believing that a man's body was better than this..." Her hands glided across her upper body.

Raine turned his face away. Shame ripped him to pieces. Had he really said that?

The bed creaked. "Do you feel regret? You did ramble about your boyfriend, but you forgot about him once we were on a roll. You said he'd get it. Some people are just not made to live monogamously. That's okay, Raine. All your brothers would agree."

Raine clenched his fists. He didn't want to hear it. Her words were like poison, and the thought that he had condoned his cheating made him feel sick. "Go away," he whispered.

"But..."

"Go away!!"

She breathed in sharply. "You don't have to yell at me. I did nothing you didn't want me to. You just needed a hot night."

Raine jolted forward and grabbed her upper arm. "Get the fuck outta here," he grumbled. "Before I break your neck."

His words made her flinch and she stepped out of bed.

Raine turned his gaze away from her naked body.

As the door closed, a tear slipped down his cheek. His breathing was heavy and painful; it felt like something was stuck in his throat.

He had cheated on Juice. He had cheated on his boyfriend, and he didn't understand how it could have happened. Briefly, he wiped his eyes. Panic threw itself upon him, jamming its claws in his brain.

Had he lost Juice now?

The thought that he had to tell this to his boyfriend terrified him. He didn't want to lose him. More than anything, he wanted to pretend this had never happened, but he couldn't. Juice deserved better.